Marketplace is so painful

Zhoie Zimermann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I rarely if ever post here, but seriously Linden Labs...can you not just please fix marketplace? I am so tired of the months and months of "___ cannot be added to your cart" Sometimes it gets added anyway, sometimes it doesn't. But either way, one thing you can count on is...marketplace is going to be painfully slow. After all this time, why can't they just get it working right. 

Thank you for allowing me this rant. 

i'll add mine:))

how about the zillion of different colors, teints and demo's you have to bare before the next item finally comes on the page.... or the ANCIENT items that come up when using the "relevance" listing option ... or all the, of course with good meaning.... posted primitive items ... nobody is still wating for a 5 prim house from basic wood prims ... ..and lets not forget the keyword spamming.. for fun look for something and be surprised what you get in your list....

Oh yes, all those things are so much fun! You would think by now they could just fix it, it's been going on forever. Companies are supposed to want to make money, to make it easy, fast and enjoyable for people to shop and spend their money. Making it difficult for consumers is only lowering how much LL could make and the merchants. Doesn't make sense it has gone on for this long. Boggles my mind really.

Also-- how long does it take to start coming up in search? My "Top Searched Products" says that none of my items have ever come up in search. My keywords cannot possibly be that horrible. xD Does this feature not work anymore? My store is new, but I listed my first item on the 9th and still nothing. :/

AyaShula wrote:

Also-- how long does it take to start coming up in search? My "Top Searched Products" says that none of my items have ever come up in search. My keywords cannot possibly be that horrible.
xD
Does this feature not work anymore? My store is new, but I listed my first item on the 9th and still nothing.
:/

Search on the Marketplace is very much a mysterious enigma. No one has really been able to positively determine how it works although many have reached the conclusion that it doesn't work well .. if at all.

The Marketplace Dev Team (aka CommerceTeam Linden) does not publish details on how the Search function works or what the numbers in that report (Top searched products) mean.

I do know that the numbers seem to be a running total since "The Beginning of Time" .. in other words since the product was first listed. However when the numbers are updated and how they relate to customer searches is something completely unknown.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.