What is there to do thats fun on SL ???

Unklebob Hotaling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Taking a departure from 'all things wrong with Secondlife' theme that seems to be prevelant in several threads on this forum; I happen to have a blast inworld and have loved my SL from the start, granted with the rare odd derailment.  So, for the benefit of those new to the grid and to shed some light on the positive things people have created... what do you do for fun?

Personally I was blown away SL had pets.  My partner at the time bought this silly looking little pink cat - a pink cat, couldn't believe it.  Couldn't believe it even worse when she set the little stupid looking pink cat to 'attack' and yours truly got his a** kicked... by yes a stupid looking little pink fuzzball of a cat. Thank god nobody took snapshots, they were too busy laughing i guess - definately wasn't my best moment.

As for cool places, check out "Ultra Space Park" - it amazes me what people can create here, definately one of my top5 places... but I'm running out of cool new places - any ideas?   Throw some thoughts in please!  No maps though, don't make me drive in circles fearing having to ask someone for directions.

Have you ever visited Avilion Castle Unkle?    It's been ages since I have been there but I have had many of wonderful memories from there.  I sure hope the place is still there.  They have a few RP sims also and used to be fun to wander around there as well.  Always friendly people there so maybe you can take Mrs. UnkleBob there sometime. 

*/me hopes not to hear it's gone.  Way to many beautiful places have disappeared over the years.

Message was edited by: Clint Maggs

I shouldn't mentioned that the castle is actually a ballroom.  Get your tux on....or gown if your into that.

Cool thread Unklebob, good for new users too, if it really heats up

So many great things to do in SL but exploring is definitely a fun pastime

Props to followme... "Show and Tell" at Lummerland is excellent. Often cutting edge design and a great way to 'showcase' a build. Plus, lots of different levels of expertise, which again is great for those just starting out (in the building journey that is).

Agree with many of the suggestions here: "Apollo Gardens" is a 'must-see'

Here's one I'm not sure is so familiar but one of my absolute 'Top Ten':

"The Far Away" by AM Radio

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dreamworld%20North/201/158/24

Infact, anything by IDIA (check AM's picks) is absolutely awesome. Almost feel like 'not telling' because they're so special and in a way it would be sad to see crowds there (go, and you'll see what I mean) but they should be supported.

Also, Immersiva by Bryn Oh is on my TT list too

Classy?  Noble?  How DARE you, Bob?  I have a reputation to maintain!

I'll have you know that, if this were video, you'd see that we're actually were, umm, you see how we,  ahhh, well, what she is wearing,  uhhh....

Oh dang it, my secret is out.  I'm a big ol' softie romantic at heart.

My mates and I love going to ~O~Kareoke on Secret Pleasures. We can spend hours there just listening, some of the people there are amazing singers! The participants toggle between stream and over the mic, so make sure you have your media/audio prefs on.

Also Coach and Horses Pub in London, I consider that my "local" it's where we all meet up then head out exploring!

I have copied down all the suggestions and I look forward to visiting with ma mates!

Oh and for you "metal heads" out there like me, Sanctuary Rock club! They often have contests offering Lindens and it's a riot!

Thank You,

Alisa

Skydiving!  You can get gear at Abbott's Aerodrome, and they have a free chute dispenser and launcher you can use.  I have a launcher on the roof of my high rise in Masocado that's free to use, too.

Sailing!  Anything from a little dinghy to a big schooner.  The Blake Sea, which borders our sim, provides LOTs of ocean to play in.  There are formal races, too.  Check out the Starboards Yacht Club.

Romantic dancing.  To the places already mentioned I will add the Moonglow Ballroom...a simple, open air dance floor by the ocean that's seldom crowded or lagged, and my own Masocado Nights ballroom, ditto.

Why not give the Giant Snail Racing Championships a try? http://treet.tv/shows/snailraces/episodes/easter2010

It's great fun, as you can see, and we'd love to have more people giving it a go. Races are every Saturday at 11am SLT (except when we're having our monthly RFL races (of which the next one is this week; a 60 sim race down the roadways of the Northern continent from top to bottom) and your giant, customisable snail avatar is absolutely free. C'mon, you know you want to

Come and check out the course anytime: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hawthorne/180/150/33

Check out Fotoscope. This has a lot to see and do. I have taken a lot of people there and it is great fun do if you have someone with you. At the landing point there is a signboard for FREEFALL which has some awesome graphics and effects. Foamdome is new. If you click the map it gives you a list of things to see and do, quirky fun things all over the island. HEAPS of great places with poses for Photos.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Fotoscope/78/139/22

Our sim is "Adult" rated because I make and sell erotic hypnosis gadgets and the like to pay the bills so that we can have the following fun things to do on our sim. All are welcome to come try it out. (All the adult stuff is up in the sky except for a few BDSM things inside the castle in the northwest corner).

Fishing: Both 7 Seas and NeoRealms

9 Holes of Golf - most are long par 3's, but it's a fun course to play. Clubs are L$1 for 24 hours (only because I couldn't make them free).

Horseback riding, Barrel Racing, Jumping: There are some free demo posts around where you can get a horse that is good for one ride. They reset twice a day so you can go back several days in a row and keep riding - so it's free, but it's annoying enough that if you ride a lot, it'll make you want to buy one of Virrginia's horses. lol There is a jump course that has a rezzer that has 3 or 4 different courses in it too.

HoloDeck system in the sky (access it via one of the elevators or TP system). In there you'll find about 60 or so different roleplay scenes including bumper cars, a carnival, playable life sized chess set, alien labs, and all kinds of fun stuff.

There are lots of other little fun things to explore and discover as well - but the above are the highlights - things you don't typically see around SL, especially not all in the same place.

This SLURL will slap you by the barn - there's a TP system there or you can just wander around the sim:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Serenity/130/171/23

Simboarding @ Virtual Sports Nexus is by far the most fun I have in SL. It is located on the Blue Horizon sim and is a cross between skateboarding and snowboarding. They have a freestyle park course, halfpipe, and soon a racing course. They have competitive events 3 times a week. The pro comps on Sunday are brodcast on Treet.tv. It is by far the best sport in SecondLife IMO.

I also enjoy base jumping and skydiving at Booville. They have a great setup and I can spend hours there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.