My Avatar is performing unwanted gesture

Christine Dartmouth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

-I have tried removing everything I am wearing, even changed my skin, hair and eyes- gone through everyting in my 'worn' items- but every time I type the word 'back' even in a sentence, it is replaced by an obscene "BACK DAT ASS UP" in my chat and IM.  Its not a gesture in the true sense, as I am not triggering it with a /back and its not in my active gesture list- please help- its driving me crazy- I didn't realise how many times I use the word 'back' in conversation!

12 answers to this question

HAHAHA, that's hilarious.

Go to your inventory, open the gestures folder, look for a gesture that is called "back" (ideally it'll be titled something like that) and deactivate it.  If you can't find it by looking, rightclick your gestures one at a time, select "open" then "preview" and do a process of elimination to find it.

This is a gesture, plain and simple... its merely the way its activately that makes it different "in the true sense".  Some gestures are activated by a trigger (ie you type in /back for it to work)... in this case though this "BACK DAT ASS UP" one is activated as you are painfully aware simply by typing 'back'.   If you want this gesture and its modifyable - just change the trigger to /back instead of back.

Hope that helps

Message was edited by Unklebob.Hotaling.  Reason: typo (unkle speels very goodly)

Wow.  The only thing I can think of is that it IS an active gesture.  It might be named something completely misleading, though.  Try going through all your active gestures and see if any of them have the appropriate chat trigger and phrase.

Or just maybe something has managed to hack your viewer.  If a careful search of your gestures doesn't turn anything up, try:

1.  Clearing cache

2.  A complete uninstall and reinstall of the viewer software.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Yup, disable all of your active gestures first and see if it goes away. (In your inventory - find the gestures that are bold, and right-click and make them inactive) Then see if you still have the problem.  If it's gone, re-enable them one at a time until you find the offending one.

I'll bet that fixes it.

I did check my gestures folder, but after getting all these replies from all you great ppl, I rechecked- and there it was- right down the bottom- with no / prefix- no wonder I was gesturing!!  It seems it came in a freebie box and becaue active automatically somehow- not something i would activate!

Thanks for the reply!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.