Please fix the teleport issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

its really bad its like that half of the time you cant even tp. and what makes it worse is if you try more then once often times it will cause you to get stuck and have to relog.  this is a major issue even if you try to remove scripts on you or what often times i find it very frustrating.  its gotten worse lately and my internet connection is decent its not just me i find often times i have to try to teleport people multiple times to try to get them to come where i am.

Fix it. like oh so many other issues in second life LL still refuses to fix some of the major show stopping issues.

RegulusValentine wrote:

its really bad its like that half of the time you cant even tp. and what makes it worse is if you try more then once often times it will cause you to get stuck and have to relog.  this is a major issue even if you try to remove scripts on you or what often times i find it very frustrating.  its gotten worse lately and my internet connection is decent its not just me i find often times i have to try to teleport people multiple times to try to get them to come where i am.

Fix it. like oh so many other issues in second life
LL still refuses to fix some of the major show stopping issues

Linden Lab fix loads of stuff. And they add new features all the time too.  Almost every Tuesday, new code is rolled out, bugs are fixed, and as its really not advisable to modify a running program, Linden Lab do pretty well not to have to do what they used to do, and that was to shut the grid down for half a day each week while they did the updates.

Regarding teleporting issues, sometimes there are general teleporting issues, which usually get dealt with if they are found to be caused by that week's roll out.  There are sometimes rollbacks because of conflicts.

However, there is so much you can do for yourself to improve your teleporting issues. Just test for yourself.  Turn your avatar back into its default/original form by going to the menus at the top of the screen and finding the option for "Test Character" and Test Male/Female.  Now try to teleport. Is it better?  If it is, then you can put your teleporting issues down to something you are wearing - something scripted like a resizeable hair, or footwear, or a HUD.

If your teleporting is still causing you to relog, its probably your connection. In spite of you believing you have a great internet connection, as your avatar's information has to travel from server to server when you teleport, if you have the slightest blip in your internet connection, you may well find yourself unable to teleport, or having to relog, or even being logged out during what seems to be an exceptionally long teleporting process.

Marigold Devin wrote:

RegulusValentine wrote:

Linden Lab fix loads of stuff. And they add new features all the time too.  Almost every Tuesday, new code is rolled out, bugs are fixed, and as its really not advisable to modify a running program, Linden Lab do pretty well not to have to do what they used to do, and that was to shut the grid down for half a day each week while they did the updates.

Regarding teleporting issues, sometimes there are general teleporting issues, which usually get dealt with if they are found to be caused by that week's roll out.  There are sometimes rollbacks because of conflicts.

However, there is so much you can do for yourself to improve your teleporting issues. Just test for yourself.  Turn your avatar back into its default/original form by going to the menus at the top of the screen and finding the option for "Test Character" and Test Male/Female.  Now try to teleport. Is it better?  If it is, then you can put your teleporting issues down to something you are wearing - something scripted like a resizeable hair, or footwear, or a HUD.

If your teleporting is still causing you to relog, its probably your connection. In spite of you believing you have a great internet connection, as your avatar's information has to travel from server to server when you teleport, if you have the slightest blip in your internet connection, you may well find yourself unable to teleport, or having to relog, or even being logged out during what seems to be an exceptionally long teleporting process.

SL Yoda thinks Nirvana approached have you ;-)

Sy Beck wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

RegulusValentine wrote:

SL Yoda thinks Nirvana approached have you ;-)

nationaljakeday.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.