Remove Hover Text from Intan?

Ciera Richez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just updated my Intan Couple Dance Ball to the most recent version, v3, and the Remove Hover Text script I have no longer works with the new version.  Every time I place the script into the Dance Ball, the ball resets and the hover text comes back.

Is there a newer script I can use to remove the hover text?  Or, does anyone know how to remove the text another way on the Intan Couple Dance Balls?

Thanks! :matte-motes-big-grin:

That sounds to me as if there's a script inside the intan that resets itself when the intan's inventory changes (maybe to force it to read the cards again, or check on the animations) and it's that script which is resetting the hovertext.    If I'm correct, Rolig's suggestion won't work, because it's going to trigger two resets, and the second one will certainly restore the hovertext (the first one might, but the second one certainly will, since there's no longer a script there to remove the text).

Soo... I would try this

default{	state_entry()	{		llSetTimerEvent(5.0);//give the other script time to reset itself	}	changed(integer change)	{		if (change & CHANGED_INVENTORY){			llResetScript();//to schedule another delayed removal of hovertext		}	}	timer()	{		llSetTimerEvent(0.0);//stop the timer		llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_SET,[PRIM_TEXT,"",<1.0,1.0,1.0>,0.0]);//remove all hovertext	}}

That will give the other script time to reset itself, and thus the hovertext, and then this script will do its work.   You will have to leave the script in the prim, though, since if I'm right, removing it will trigger another reset and bring back the text.

Try Rolig's way first, of course, but if that doesn't work, try mine.

Thank you both for your help!

Rolig's script is the one I already have, which worked in the last version I had.  I just tried Innula's and that didn't work, either.

I've officially given up and just moved the ball where I won't have to see the hover text. LOL  But feel free, anyone, to continue to add ideas...I'll be happy to try them!

Thanks again! :-)

In that case, the hover text is being set by the dance script itself.  Removing it without getting into the script and deleting that one line of code is probably a hopeless task.  (Now, if I were writing that script, I would give the end user a way to toggle the hover text off.  Are you sure that there wasn't some sort of instruction card with the system when you bought it?  You might ask the merchant/creator.  If that toggle feature isn't there, s/he might be willing to add it for you.)

There is a note card in the Intan called "titler." It contains instructions that apparently the script(s) read for titling the Intan.  I'm not sure what to edit or even if it's adviseable, but perhaps editing that card will work. 

Unless it had changed, there used to be a config setting in one of the config notecard to turn the hover text off anyway.

Intan scripts stop foreign scripts (set to not running) and yes it always resets upon inventory change.

Just checked my Intan, notecard called "Titler" contains the following:-

hovertext:%nhovertext:Touch for pose balls/menuhovertext:Animations: %dhovertext:Free Couple Slot: %sENDSETTING# Remarks:# hovertext: text to be shown as hover on Intan Couple Dance Ball#               %n will be replaced with Object Name#               %d will be replaced with Number of Dances#               %s will be replaced with Available Couple Slot

I haven't tried it yet but I suspect that if you remove the first few lines such that it's just ENDSETTING then there'll be no hovertext.

Further Edit:  This won't work, the v3 is all web configured now and the hovertext can't be empty.  I've pointed Cecilia to this thread and let her know about the hovertext OFF desire.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.