Am I allowed to..?

OreoOwl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just to expand Pam's response, you have to use a "magic box" (available from marketplace) if you want to sell items for which you have transfer but no copy permission.

You cannot use the merchant outbox for items with those permissions. Maybe one day when direct delivery is finished.

To expand on this... are we allowed to sell items that are not listed on the Marketplace already? I tried setting up a Magic Box, but because the items were not listed on the Marketplace already I did not see them in my Magic Box Inventory on the Marketplace. Did I do something wrong?

Illuminatra wrote:

To expand on this... are we allowed to sell items that are not listed on the Marketplace already? I tried setting up a Magic Box, but because the items were not listed on the Marketplace already I did not see them in my Magic Box Inventory on the Marketplace. Did I do something wrong?

If I am understanding your question correctly, it appears that you did not create a listing for your items but rather thought that if they were already listed on the MP (presumably by the creator) then your listing would just appear.  If I read your question incorrectly and that is not the case I apologize.

In the past I have sold used items, even prior to my becoming a merchant. I placed the items in my Magic Box, which has to be rezzed in world at all times to function, then created listings for the items, including photos that I took of each.  On the current MP software, you then need to synch the listing with the MP website.  The button to do this is at the top right of the Manage Listings Page in your MP store or listings.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Illuminatra wrote:

If I am understanding your question correctly, it appears that you did not create a listing for your items but rather thought that if they were already listed on the MP (presumably by the creator) then your listing would just appear.  If I read your question incorrectly and that is not the case I apologize.

In the past I have sold used items, even prior to my becoming a merchant. I placed the items in my Magic Box, which has to be rezzed in world at all times to function, then created listings for the items, including photos that I took of each.  On the current MP software, you then need to synch the listing with the MP website.  The button to do this is at the top right of the Manage Listings Page in your MP store or listings.

You understood me perfectly! :) That makes a lot of sense now, thank you! :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.