Akeyo animation problems, anyone else?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently purchased an animation ovrrider ftom Akeyo. They claim you can add and subtract any animations you like and customize it. However I removed the animations I did not like and wore the ao only to find it still played the stands I removed ss if they were still there. I then removed all the animations and added the ines I wanted from scrstch, and now nobe of the animations in the thing will play at all! Has any one else experinced these problems with Akeyo? 

Ricky40 wrote:

I recently purchased an animation ovrrider ftom Akeyo. They claim you can add and subtract any animations you like and customize it. However I removed the animations I did not like and wore the ao only to find it still played the stands I removed ss if they were still there. I then removed all the animations and added the ines I wanted from scrstch, and now nobe of the animations in the thing will play at all! Has any one else experinced these problems with Akeyo? 

How are you adding/subtracting animations? You have to do it when it's rezzed on the ground, not when you're wearing it.

There is probably a config card in it that you need to remove them from too.  Once you do, reset the scripts so that the script picks up the change.  It didn't work because a lot of AO's preload, so the script still had the animations in its memory.  If you don't remove them from the card too, you'll just get annoying messages that the script can't find the animation.

I've had an Akeyo hud for more than 2 years now, and I add stuff all the time. Depending on how many you're trying to add in, it can glitch like crazy. Best thing to do is add one at a time and allow it to acknowledge it before adding another, if you go over 200 or... 250? I think it starts to go nuts no matter what you do. I hover around that number at any given time (I'm an animation nut!) 

I've had a couple issues with them over the years and I've found that when you're finished adding the anims, if you add it, then reset the scripts (with it off) then turn it on, sometimes it takes some fanagaling but it will get working again. 

Try that, when you put it on, reset the scripts, allow it to go through the entire listing, take it off then add it back on. Should be working fine after that :3

Aeromia wrote:

Akeyo huds don't work like that. They run on a cloud system. The cards aren't even mod. He's just got to reset the scripts in them for it to recognize it. Probably added them in to quickly and confused the HUD.

Right, the configuration is cloud-based (well, for small values of "cloud" ;) ) but there's something else going on here, too, because there's no way for a script to play an animation that isn't present in the scripted object, so when those animations were removed from the AO, they simply cannot continue to play. ("Cannot", that is, except for built-in Linden animations, which seems unlikely in an Akeyo AO, although some of the built-in stands are actually quite useful.) So either they weren't completely removed, or something very odd is happening.

It's actually happened to me on several occasions when I confused the ao by taking out and putting in too many at once (usually 15 or more at a time) The ao didn't recognize that I had taken out/added animations, When I was still learning how to use the ao, it had its first breakdown from too many (300+) and I didn't realize that if it didn't show the listing in local chat of what it was doing, it wasn't actually removing the memory of the animation from whatever it is it was doing. Like you, I thought 'well that's not right I must have completely broken the scripting in it' and tossed it and pulled another out of the box, readding all my anims to it. That's when it dinged that the other one had stopped registering the anims and sat silent. 

(woops, above poster beat me to it x3)

Also, to the OP, if you try adding them in too quickly, it'll hiccup and add 1-2 of each animation and that's no fun picking them all out, or a couple of your animations will actually seem to 'break' and not work at all, reading that it's not there, giving you an akeyo error in nearby chat rather than a script error and you'll be standing like a newb. 

To reset the scripts, edit it while you're wearing it (you do have it on the ground while you're adding in animations right?) go into the last tab and hit the "reset scripts" button. Let it go through the entire reset process, go make some tea or coffee and watch the stuff scroll by. Watch for anything that asks you to designate it, might have a few animations in there that aren't being recognized depending on how you added them. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.