GROUPS!

Lahnius Zaks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lahnius Zaks wrote:

as THE social network on steroids I would EXPECT that LL would focus great attention on powerhousing groups ... make groups work flawlessly ... without fail ... I login to SL to communicate ... and to login only to have group after group fail to open for me is very discouraging, not to mention embarassing as a resident ... this is SECOND LIFE ... where people come together ... but how can we come together in an environment where group chat fails us, dies on us, closes for no reason on us ...

Øh, I dunno. Are you maybe confusing SL with Facetwit or some sort of social networx stuff? I for my part am not too keen on chatting and meeting too many people here. All that social stuff just distracts from the things I wanna do in SL. And I'm not the only antisocial person here, not by far. How do you think all the artists and builders can come up with all their wonderful creations, by wasting their time with blabbering away the whole day?

Furthermore, yes groups chats aren't very good. We often experience terrible chatlag. But that a groupchat closes and dies on me, that has never happened. You should check your connection to SL and your hardware.

Valentines Day? Wotz dat??? Anything special we can't live without?

While LL is basically silent on what they are doing, they have said fixing group chat is a priority.

They could of course be just giving us lip service on this.  Maybe they are and maybe they aren't.  I don't know.  My hope is that fixing it is a priority.

But on the other side of this I think people really don't get how complex it is.  There are so many interdependent functions in Groups I really do believe that when Rod stated fixing group chat is not as simple as people think that he really was telling us the truth.

eta:clarity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.