Profile Editing

Osiris Ronas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Osiris Ronas wrote:

Hello, I am trying to add paragraph/line breaks in my profile but they are not working. I tried a bunch of things like /p, /n,

, and some others. Rather than trying everything under the sun, can someone please tell me how to do it properly? Thank you.

The only way I could figure out to do this was by putting a period on the line between the two paragraphs.  Look at my profile for an example of what I mean... https://my.secondlife.com/dresden.ceriano

...Dres

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

i am able to get blank lines in profiles by using a line with only a space. this works for me both on the my.secondlife.com form and the legacy profile editor in viewers like Firestorm.

I'm happy for you, but, meanwhile, I can't do that and obviously neither can the OP.  If you can explain how to rectify this discrepancy without doing exactly as I have described, I'd be elated to know.  I'm being completely honest here, I really would like to know.

...Dres

I'm not sure why it's not working for you, to be honest. I have line breaks, and all I did was hit enter and added some type of character(space, or otherwise)

I had a ~ symbol in there by itself, and took it out, replaced it with hitting enter and adding a space, then enter again, saved and waited a few for mysecondlife to update, and it worked fine. The ~ symbol is back in there now, but a space and the ~ worked exactly the same. I have both in there now, and both work as a line break, so I can assume any character should work. But you may not see the changes immediately, that much I do know.

i don't really do anything special, just press the spacebar then enter.

it's possible that something in your browser or OS settings could be stripping blanks. you could try adding a non-breaking space or other whitespace character instead. on Windows you would hold down the alt key and type 255 on the numpad. for other operating systems see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-breaking_space#Keyboard_entry_methods

Tari Landar wrote:

I'm not sure why it's not working for you, to be honest. I have line breaks, and all I did was hit enter and added some type of character(space, or otherwise)

I had a ~ symbol in there by itself, and took it out, replaced it with hitting enter and adding a space, then enter again, saved and waited a few for mysecondlife to update, and it worked fine. The ~ symbol is back in there now, but a space and the ~ worked exactly the same. I have both in there now, and both work as a line break, so I can assume any character should work. But you may not see the changes immediately, that much I do know.

Well duh, I obviously needed more sleep and/or more coffee, since it had to be explicitly spelled out for me, as if I were a 4 year old, before I could understand what you all were saying to do... lol.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.