a model looking for job

Pimiko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Pimiko,

I am a former model in SL and I have trained models who work both runway and print.  There are many opportunities for models in SL and it depends what you are looking for.  You can be a store model and get paid in clothing items or whatever the store sells. 

If you want to work the runway and be a print model (e.g., SL magazines), you will probably need to get trained in one of the modeling agencies in SL.  Working through one of the agencies is one way to get work.  You won't make alot of L$ modeling in SL (in fact, hardly any!).  But, if you want to have fun, get some cool clothing, and meet others it's a nice thing to do for awhile.

well, I don't think I need a model agency, I can be model by myself, I mean the following: somebody who is going to sell clothes writes me then we make photo session I get my tips and that's all, I really see no no need of agency.

I would highly recommend you seek out these employment opportunities yourself in-world, rather than on the forums. Don't wait for them to come find you, go out and find them. Many stores-those that hire models-have applications in them. Go teleport around the grid some and find places that interest you, fill out an application, and then wait to see if anyone wants to hire you. I would try a few places, if I were you. Yes I have done store modeling, without using any sort of agency, as well. They are *not* necessary-in fact a lot of stores are starting to shy away from the entire idea of using an agency or model that went through "proper training"( I totally lol'd typing that out) at this point. It's not nearly as popular as it once was.

I would not be expecting a whole lot of people to see your post, though-there is just a very small number of people that really read these forums. You'll need to do the leg work on the grid. Also, I would NOT recommend telling people they can't send you a NC. It is far more convenient to be able to send an IM and/or a NC, rather than just sitting around waiting for you to come on so they can send you an IM. You are more likely to miss out on many opportunities when you sit around, or expect potential employers to sit around, waiting for you. This is why many people use NCs to contact people. It can be done(sent, and read) at a person's convenience. Convenience is important to people, especially given that time zones can be quite far off from one another. As much as a potential employer might need you, you need them more. You're seeking the employment-even though you will both benefit in the end-so the responsibility of starting the communication should sit squarely on your shoulders.

Hopefully that does not come across abrasive, it's not intended to in the least.

Lovely avatars can be found all over SL.  Look at Flickr.  Look at fashion blogs.  Yes, you can be a model yourself.  Some shops have models but they pay in clothing items.  You will not make alot of L$ modeling. Trust me.  Look at my original reply to you.  I have experience in this area.  If you do not want to listen, that is your choice.

Good luck!

Edit:  To model in stores requires no agency.  To become a runway or print model, you generally need a resume that includes experience gained through training with an agency.

Great going to ruin any chances of a job by acting like a complete **bleep**.

Models are a dime a dozen and guess what? The best are those who are polite and take advise, since you can't do that only a fool would hire you.

Congrats on ruining your chances.

Pimiko wrote:

ehm

may be the problem is that u just could not find someone who tip u with L$, ahahaha.

and

I ain't "lovely"

I am realistic and I am the best

"lovely" it's may be u and thousands of others Jolie alike "models"

Then, you don't need good luck.  Surely, your stellar resume shall do the trick. 

Well Pimiko. Let me give you some advice. First let me list my credentials before you read anything else.

Past Experience:
Club: General Manager, Dancer, Hostess, Advertising
School: Admin, Principal, Vice Principal, Teacher
Blog: Fashion, Writing, Photoshop/Photography, Advertising, Stylist
Stores: CSR, Manager, Advertising, Stylist, Pose Maker, Content Creator
Rentals: Estate Manager, rental agent, Advertising

Now, I would like you to read this fully as it should be very helpful. Firstly, you are going into this with completely a very WRONG mindset. No one wants a model who knows she's pretty or perfect or whatever else you'd like to say you are. You should be open to having anyone's help because when you refuse to listen you are doomed to fail. No one is going to want to hire you if you refuse to take any advice or direction. Now I don't know if you're a diva but, no one wants to work with them. That's a number one reason good shops fail. It goes to people's heads and then they turn into bitches. Then they get a bad reputation and no one wants to show their support anymore. As a model you'd do well to learn a bit of modesty. If ANYONE offers you a modeling job you should be thankful and gracious. And not say anything along the lines of "I'm too good for your stuff." Because that will definitely not get you any jobs.

As listed above I am a blogger. And your pictures suck. They don't do your avatar any justice, nor do they do anything you're wearing any justice. From the looks of it most of that is rather cheap and/or old. You need to update your look some. At least use a higher graphic setting when taking pictures for your portfolio lest they all turn out very much pixilated and low quality. there's a huge difference between what you showed and something like these pictures below.

From ShopafreakingholicBluemchensworldprincessash.pngpillow-power.jpg

And it wouldn't hurt to show a variety. Anyone who wants a model wants to know that the person is willing to make minor adjustments as the stylist/designer sees fit. As for looking realistic, there is nothing in your provided pictures that looks even the least bit realistic. So please, before you get to thinking how amazing and special your avatar is, remember there are many people who have been in SL longer and shorter than you who have proven to be "beautiful". You have no following of any sort, nor any experience therefore you need to deflate your ego a bit and come back down to planet earth. Thanks!

Credits given where they are due And maybe you can use them as referances for the future:

First picture: Shopafreakingholic
Second Picture: Bluemchensworld Blog
Third Picture: Pink Twinkies
Fourth Picture: [Face.It-We.Suck]

• 3 weeks later...

ayee.jpgNo advice from me, I do not ask for modeling work, they all come to me and 99% are refused. Also I am a model in RL and I would not hire you in SL or RL because you have an attitude problem. Start at the bottom and be humble and learn, be annoying and you are ignored permanently. Reproduction of images is expressly forbidden and deemed an infringement of my copy writes. Spot the difference? One is real life and the other is not, its an avatar. A model has to have a business brain, looks are not what makes one successful.

Sari1.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.