Unable to Build on Purchased Mainland with my Half Naked Avatar!

Aeriabella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last week I purchased some parcels of abandoned land on the mainland.

The Region group is Dacia, which is administered by Linden.

Yesterday and today I went back to my land to continue building and I have received nothing but error flags stating "Unable to create item that has caused problems in this region."  

Previously I was able to build on my parcels with no problem, but now I cannot rez from my inventory and my avatar is half naked because it has lost some of its clothes and hair.  :matte-motes-shocked:  

Despite repeated attempts to redress it, it remains a fragmented image with pieces missing.

I've aready looked up previous posts and troubleshooting suggestions given at the following link, but those didn't solve the problem.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Problems-with-rezzing-and-inventory/ta-p/1332559 

I also checked the permissions in my parcel profiles and those for the mainland region, and they say that building is enabled.  Still, I have the little black box with the slashed red arrow showing up at the top of my game screen. 

I'm at a loss why it changed like that after I purchased a parcel that had building enabled. Why would anyone want to buy one that they could not build on? :matte-motes-silly:

I have checked my settings through and I can't see anything that I may have accidetally changed to cause this.

Can someone please help me?

I came to the region and yeah, the sim needs to be restarted. There's nothing wrong with the land -- that is to say, it's not a parcel problem, but rather it's region-wide, so it's something amiss with the sim.

So, you'll want to file a support case to have that happen. You could use live chat, I guess, during business hours, but they might get around to restarting a sick region before then. (I think you might be justified in calling it a "region down" situation, even though you can get in and out of the region.)

Meanwhile, you'll need to get dressed somewhere else, until this sim gets sorted out.

When a region's memory allocated reaches ~920 Mb the simulator stops allowing object entry, hence the issue you experienced.

What I would recommend is that you open a support case whenever that happens, under "Land & Region" and "Report an offline Region". And if you do, please provide as much info as possible.

Also, please keep monitoring that region, and especially if its navmesh needs to be rebaked often. If that is the case, than there is something in that region triggering a server bug that wasn't fully fixed so far. I've been experiencing that at the region where I own a parcel and despite I have been filing support cases since March 2013 — and even a JIRA that was marked as duplicate (which it wasn't) and closed — the bug seems to have been ignored so far. So I gave up trying to make people understand that it is a server bug and just request a restart when needed (which happens several times a week.)

Best wishes.

Thank you for your response Qie. You were correct. Before I even began filing a support ticket the sim had been reset and now appears to be working fine. All the more reason to give it a day or two before filing a support ticket in haste. Thank you for your suggestion and help. Much appreciated.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.