Constant Text messages from second life to previous owner of phone number

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So basically, I get about five to ten texts every single day that all say

"Subject:Message From Second Life

the Object 'Comfortably Numb SE' has se".

They're clearly meant for the previous owner of my phone number, but I havent been able to find a way to stop receiving them. This is a line I use for my business calls, and it's really disruptive to be getting this many texts every single day. They all appear to originate from different random strings of numbers and letters (ekacacvkf2knknrvgis3fqgfh... etc.), so blocking one does nothing.

Is there something I can do to stop receiving the messages? I don't have any way of contacting the previous owner of my phone number, and he has evidently neglected to update ANY of his automated phone updates. This one is by far the most irritating, though, due to its frequency. Any help or advice is appreciated! Thanks!.

How annoying lol.

I found the object that is sending these messages to you and sent a message to the owner to put a stop to it.  She was afk at the time will receive it when she gets back. Hopefully she will take action.

I'll send you her avatar name in a Private Message here in the forum in case you need to contact her further.  You can also PM me here if you need any further assistance.

I can set the email address on my account to my phone 3175551212@revol.com and it will send the messages directly to my phone as a text message.  I wonder if that's what is being done here. all I can suggest is contacting security@secondlife.com and see if they can help you take care of the situation.

bigmoe Whitfield wrote:

I can set the email address on my account to my phone 3175551212@revol.com and it will send the messages directly to my phone as a text message.  I wonder if that's what is being done here. all I can suggest is contacting security@secondlife.com and see if they can help you take care of the situation.

Thanks.  Learn something new every day.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

How annoying lol.

I found the object that is sending these messages to you and sent a message to the owner to put a stop to it.  She was afk at the time will receive it when she gets back. Hopefully she will take action.

I'll send you her avatar name in a Private Message here in the forum in case you need to contact her further.  You can also PM me here if you need any further assistance.

Lol, now she is getting spammed.  I had not refreshed the page before I sent my response.  I was unable to find Comfortably Numb SE.  I found SW and several other directions, but SE was missing from my area search...

Perrie Juran wrote:

I'm stuck here.

Second Life has an option to send messages to E Mail, but I have never heard of an option to send to a phone number via text.

I would think with the right app you could set up email to do this.  Its also possible to use a server that receives the message from a scripted object in world and texts it to a phone I think. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.