Hello, do you know some gay-friendly and elegant jazz dance club?

gusbenedito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, people,

I've been to many jazz dance clubs, but there are only straight couples there, and I was in the last club now, the which I found only a couple of lesbians, but I was afraid and unsafe of homophobic harassment and attacks in this club, so the straight people, as specially the men, think the lesbian couples aren't a problem, but the male couples are. 

I'm looking for an elegant jazz club which is gay-friendly and forbids the harassment and makes me comfortable and safe. 

Thank you!

jazz, gay, gay-friendly, club, elegant, tux, suit

gusbenedito wrote:

Hello, people,

I've been to many jazz dance clubs, but there are only straight couples there, and I was in the last club now, the which I found only a couple of lesbians, but I was afraid and unsafe of homophobic
harassment and 
attacks in this club, so the straight people, as specially the men, think the lesbian couples aren't a problem, but the male couples are. 

I'm looking for an elegant jazz club which is gay-friendly and forbids the harassment and makes me comfortable and safe. 

Thank you!
jazz, gay, gay-friendly, club, elegant, tux, suit

I will have to say that I rarely see male couples dancing at these clubs. 

Are you actually seeing or recieving disparaging comments?

If so I'd sure let the Club Mgt know.

Hello Perrie,

Perrie Juran wrote:
I will have to say that I rarely see male couples dancing at these clubs. 

Are you actually seeing or recieving disparaging comments?

If so I'd sure let the Club Mgt know.

No, I didn't, but as I've said you, I was unsafe and afraid. Last party, we've been to a jazz party at Titanic ship, the owner has ejected and banned the gay and lesbians couples from the land and has said the LGBTs aren't welcome to her land. 

Thank you, Griffin, for your answer, i'll check that club. 

you can Abuse Report someone if they use language that try to make you feel bad about your sexual orientation, as a violation of the Second Life Community Standards.

----------------------------------------------
1. Intolerance

Combating intolerance is a cornerstone of Second Life's Community Standards. Actions that marginalize, belittle, or defame individuals or groups inhibit the satisfying exchange of ideas and diminish the Second Life community as a whole. The use of derogatory or demeaning language or images in reference to another Resident's race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation is never allowed in Second Life.

Reporting Abuse

Residents should report violations of the Community Standards using the Abuse Reporter tool located under the Help menu in the in-world tool bar. We review these abuse reports, and the identity of the reporter is kept strictly confidential.

TristanMercer wrote:

I personally have been to the RMS TItanic and never had a problem and I am gay.

Frank's Jazz Club is open to everyone. Again, another place I have been with nothing said to me.

Check with the hostess to be on the safe side. Many will tell you to message them if you receive disparaging remarks.

Hello Tristan, it has been many months ago, three gay couples have been ejected from the Titanic by the owner for dancing and kissing, but as you've said, maybe because many gays have gone to there and protested, the owner has changed the attitud and became tolerant. 

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.