Knowl Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I signed up years ago, I don't know what the Premium page looks like when signing up.

Does anyone have a screen shot of that?

I really hope that LL is providing clear and accurate data about exactly when a Resident will receive the L$.

1-10 customers are likely to complain if there is a problem. I won't guess atm as to how many times the question of "where's my L$" is asked. It is a large number and that number represents only a fraction of the potentially disappointed customers.

Make the font size 22 or 28.

Do you think the offer is clear? What is your opinion?

bonus.JPG

Knowl Paine wrote:

I signed up years ago, I don't know what the Premium page looks like when signing up.

I really hope that LL is providing clear and accurate data about exactly when a Resident will receive the L$.

1-10 customers are likely to complain if there is a problem. I won't guess atm as to how many times the question of "where's my L$" is asked. It is a large number and that number represents only a fraction of the potentially disappointed customers.

It's buried in a pop up.  But I would consider failure to click the very clear "restrictions apply" link a User problem.  Any more I would consider failure to look for the fine print generally a user error.

Perrie Juran wrote:

bonus.JPG

Knowl Paine wrote:

It's buried in a pop up.  But I would consider failure to click the very clear "restrictions apply" link a User problem.  Any more I would consider failure to look for the fine print generally a user error.

A user error that LL may encourage for reasons that only a marketing exec might understand. My ex-hubby is a marketing exec for a large bank, and we sometimes had vigorous discussions over ‮.siht ekil tihsllub

The pin was assigned by asinine hierarchal monopolistic megalomaniacs.

To earn something suggest that payment is owed. I've never asked for anything in return from the Residents I've tried to help. I think you know that.

I agree with your point, LL does what it wants, SL is not a democracy.

Have you met Rod? Our humble servant? Legally he needs to maximize profits for share-holders. Returning dividends in the form of lower consumer prices is unlawful in business. 

rod.jpg

Returning dividends in the form of lower consumer prices is unlawful in business.

Huh? Since when? Lowering consumer prices is done often, by a lot of companies. And in LL's case they would really benefit from lowering their prices.

• If your product isn't flying off the shelf anymore - you lower the price.
  • If you have a stockpile of unsold product - you sell it for less.
  • If the competition has lower prices - you follow.
  • When your own costs getting lower - you relay that to the customers. Or you'll soon have no customers anymore. Particularly true in the field of internet services.
  • Lowering prices is a common business practice since it'll maximize your profit in the long run - keeps your shareholders happy.

Knowl Paine wrote:  Have you met Rod? Our humble servant? Legally he needs to optimise profits for share-holders. 

Actually, as long as a corporation's management doesn't act overtly fraudulently or in a demonstrably incompetent manner (and even then . . . ) anything they do can be justified in terms of sustainability, growth or the expectation of profits other than in the short term.

The shareholders ARE the corporation, and they determine the objectives of management; it's not a question of legality, what matters is compliance with their wishes.

**********Rudi**********

Knowl, this is the current Premium page on the website. There is a double asterisk after the Sign-up Bonus! line and not too far below that is the clarification to which it refers.

** L$1,000 virtual currency bonus will be deposited directly into your Second Life account if your Premium membership is active for 45 consecutive days after initial sign-up.

So yes, I think it's clear. There will always be some new Premium members who don't read the terms and then query this issue. I've read posts by some people who took out Premium membership and then asked what the benefits are, even though they are clearly displayed on the same page and it's surely a question that should have been researched prior to taking out membership.

Premium Membership.PNG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.