Where do these 鋰㰀暜藐 come from?

Six Igaly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently I started to have problems with copying and pasting from local chat. I use some tools which generates code/scripts and I use this very frequently. This is what is happening all of a sudden (since about 6 days):

When there should be nothing but space or maybe a linebreak, there appear some Asian-like characters or just some squares:

<example>

}
llMessageLinked(-1,-2,llDumpList2String([lAnimName,lFrame],"|"),"");// Message frame script.
}
}鋰㰀暜藐

</example>

Note: these characters never show in chat itself, it's always after pasting in a notecard or script. 

I'm clueless.

Did a clean install (v3 latest), tried several other viewers and for a moment I thought it had to do with Mavericks but that is not possible either since I copied a lot of code flawlessly before it went wacky.

Anyone noticed this too? And even more important to me, anyone knows where to look and what to do?

Six

Hi Six,

If your tools are producing code into the local chat window, I'll presume they are scripts, and that they are generating Unicode characters the chat window doesn't support.

I'm not terribly familiar with LSL and Unicode, but I'll make some wild guesses anyway...

Have you changed this script recently? Mono uses UTF-16 coding, not UTF-8, so maybe if your script was recomplied under Mono it could behave differently.

Have you tried resetting the script? It may have a corrupted variable that's altering the code generation.

Hello Madelaine,

You are right, they are scripts that produce unicode utf - 8 stuff. I did not change anything myself but I learned over the years to never be surprised about anything regarding Sl and how it works :matte-motes-big-grin:

II also learned though that wild guessing in the end is not so wild after all hehe. Maybe I accidentally recompiled scripts to mono. I know me, it is very well possible :smileyvery-happy:

So first thing for me to check when logged in again is that!

Thanks for your reply. (I'll update if there is anything new to tell)

Orca Flotta wrote:

Those characters are not Asian-like, they are in fact very Asian, Korean to be more exact. Sorry, can't help you with the technical stuff.

Actually, those are not Korean.  Those are Chinese or Japanese Kanji.  Korean characters look more like this:  푸 미아오 리

Helium Loon wrote:

Orca Flotta wrote:

Those characters are not Asian-like, they are in fact very Asian, Korean to be more exact. Sorry, can't help you with the technical stuff.

Actually, those are not Korean.  Those are Chinese or Japanese Kanji.  Korean characters look more like this:  푸 미아오 리

Google translate detects the 鋰㰀暜藐 to be Chinese.

PS

There's an nice web page showing with few samples that it's fairly easy to distuinguish between Chinese, Japanese and Korean writing.

http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-Chinese,-Japanese,-and-Korean-Writing-Apart

Okay, my second mistake in one night. First I thought Nelson Mandela was a great man until I was corrected. And now I stand corrected on Korean lettering. I don't know **bleep** about either Japanese, Chinese or Korean but I notice these square symbols are always in the titles of Korean movies.

Madelaine, at first, I checked and I did not recompile any script so that is not the case. Then second, Whirly might have a point there. You see, I use several tools for my creations. One is to animate prims, that one I'll never have to leave the viewer for. And that usually does not give me any problems. Another tool I use is to create poses and animations, that only generates a .bvh file that I upload also without problems. The 3rd tool I use generates .dae (it's not MeshStudio) and for that I do have to leave the viewer to a website to copy code. That code I'll have to paste in to a text editor which produces the actual .dae. However, I start with copying code from local chat. And when I paste that directly in to a notecard in stead of that website this characters are already there. So first thought was it is viewer related. Now with what Whirly said however, I think that is hard to determine. Because in between all that I also copy and paste text from any web page to a blog page. That makes me think now that maybe the clip board leaves stuff behind (if that is possible) and then mix things up. So for me next step is rebooting my system (usually I keep it running) and then, with an erased clip board and a clear memory, try it all again. Well and even if it would work then, it still is strange because it worked before without ever switching my computer off. 

Oh, I also contacted the person who owns that specific website for creating the .dae files. When he has time to log in he will create the exact same items as I did and then compare the files with mine.

Time will tell...

<update>

To test things out I created a new object. The generated file however I could not upload. Then I sended it to this other person who is on a Windows machine. He had no problems uploading that file, no errors. So it looks like Whirly had it right, it seems to be a Mac problem. It's a start.

</update>

<update2>

Ok, the uploading error (.dae mainly) has nothing to do with the character issue. I created some test objects directly in Blender and they give the same error. As for the characters, I believe it is like Whirly said + it occurs as well within the viewer. So I will move over to the creation / mesh section with a new question. Who knows.

</update2>

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.