Whenever I bring up my chat box, the viewer (official) FPS drops heavily.

JPG0809

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to experiment if the same problem would occur in smaller, quieter sims and it does.

Also, I'm considering using Firestorm but I hear that collects alot of cookies and may give issues to your computer. Is that try?

Sorry for the two-part question.

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Second question first.....

Any of the viewers collects cookies.  They are necessary in order for Search and viewer web functions to work properly.  If you really want to turn them off in Firestorm, you can disable them in Preferences >> Network & Cache, but I suspect that most people don't.  In any case, cookies should not give your computer "issues".

Now, opening your chat window shouldn't affect FPS at all, so something else must be going on at the same time. It's hard to guess exactly what it is without knowing more about your computer, however.  Here's a first step, though ....  If you have been using a wireless Internet connection, don't.  Linden Lab does not recommend wireless for SL.  Many people find that they lose bandwidth with wireless and have more interference from nearby sources ( garage door openers, smart applicances, even fluorescent lights ...).  Get a LAN cable and connect your computer directly to your router. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.