A full paid premium account will not let me log in...

Lilith Xi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a paid account that seems to be either hacked or something else I am not happy I paid quarterly amount for premium and haven't had a full week and now my pass word is not working... I want a phone number to resolve this now or I will be contacting my lawyer this is unacceptable.

6 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Lilith

If you believe your account has been compromised, then you need to go immediately to Linden Lab support (we here are just residents like yourself).

Please click on the "help" option at the top of this screen, and then from the right hand side menu that comes up on the next screen, choose "submit ticket". You will have the option, as a premium member, to select the option for your account having been compromised.

• Like 1

I did a bing search for the 800 number and resolved the issue, its not an easy find from the SL web page... also it seems my account was halted under ths suspicioun it was being hacked. I was informed it was halted because the IP log in was from another country... In light of all this I am grateful that this was done but seing that my account is less than a week in paid quartly premium I am also very angry, my CC is assocated with the account and also I invested quiet abit of real money in mesh items for my store and now I have to look to see its not compermised every week or so I don't wish to have my hard work or earned money stolen by some unscruplious thief. If this insindant happens again I will be very upset and will be insistanting on a back tracking of the IP and blocking said errioniious IP if not resolved I will be contacting lawyer... this is not how business is supposed to be conducted.

If you are SURE you are entering your password correctly (and you are logging in under the correct user name, if you have more than one account!) then your account may have been compromised, most likely by a phishing scam.  IMMEDIATELY follow the advice here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

Certainly nobody likes to be ripped off, but to try and reassure you, Lilith, I have been in Second Life for almost six years now and have NEVER had my account hacked. I do not know how this would happen to you, unless you have fallen foul of one of the "phishing" emails that sometimes get sent out - and these happen to many companies; including big banking organisations. All can only do so much. You must ensure you have something in place on your computer that gives a warning if you click on a dodgy link, and never give a password out in response to an email inquiry.

I'M BRINGING THE FRUIT

Chiquita-DM2-minion-carl-fruit-hat.jpg

Concierge Support Phone Numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long Distance

8am to Midnight PST, M-F; and 8am to 8pm PST Saturday and Sunday

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.