Help! Someone stole my house!

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

help, someone stole my SL land and house and all it's furnishings.  The teleport doesn't work; the land office no longer exists, and all that money I spent for the items is lost.  What good would an abuse report do when there is no land office listing nor name of the person I rented the land from.

What to do here?  Call the police?

Mayalily wrote:

help, someone stole my SL land and house and all it's furnishings.  The teleport doesn't work; the land office no longer exists, and all that money I spent for the items is lost.  What good would an abuse report do when there is no land office listing nor name of the person I rented the land from.

What to do here?  Call the police?

Whoa, slow down here.

Is the SIM off line (closed)?  Does it show up on the map?

If it is closed you can file a support ticket to have it reopened so you can retrieve your belongings.  LL will reopen a SIM briefly for people to do this in these situations.

As far as the name of the person you rented/bought from, if you paid with $L you should be able to find it in your transaction history on your account page.  However, ARing the person will do no good.  LL considers this a resident to resident dispute.

Mayalily wrote:

seriously, I think the Bobbitting should commence as soon as they hit parcel return.  I left a bunch of copy items there, so they can't build or sell until parcel return. 

Let the Bobbitting commence!

Gee, you should have done some terra forming too!

And don't forget to draw, quarter and burn at the stake!  ;)

Seriously - if your former landlord has absconded with your money then you do have a legal case.  LL won't get involved in inter-resident disputes unless you make one; either by calling the police or your lawyer.  In any of these situations you have to decide whether it is worth taking to RL courts or is just something you'll write-off to SL anarchy.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Seriously - if your former landlord has absconded with your money then you do have a legal case.  LL won't get involved in inter-resident disputes unless you make one; either by calling the police or your lawyer.  In any of these situations you have to decide whether it is worth taking to RL courts or is just something you'll write-off to SL anarchy.

And, the one before that did also.  That landlord stole two of my houses I purchased on MP. 

I am fully aware that SL is a shell company, but this is real money, and I do think people should stand up to these fraudster's cuz they really got it coming. 

Mayalily wrote:

That landlord stole two of my houses I purchased on MP.

Nobody can steal your house. And since most houses are sold with copy permissions, anyway...

I am fully aware that SL is a shell company... 

Wut? I don't think "shell company" means what you think it means.

ETA: DO come back and let us know what the police have to say.

All your landlord can do is return your stuff.  They cannot steal it.  There are many landowners who are reputable and from whom you can rent land for a long while.  Ask around and/or check the listings on the forum (not this subforum, the one about Land).  There are landowners who have been active in a good way for years in SL.  You just hit on two bad eggs, I guess.

Don't you belong to a group managed by that landowner?  You might check the notices to see if you missed a communication from them.

Venus Petrov wrote:

All your landlord can do is return your stuff.  They cannot steal it.  There are many landowners who are reputable and from whom you can rent land for a long while.  Ask around and/or check the listings on the forum (not this subforum, the one about Land).  There are landowners who have been active in a good way for years in SL.  You just hit on two bad eggs, I guess.

Don't you belong to a group managed by that landowner?  You might check the notices to see if you missed a communication from them.

Evidently these unscruplous landowners, all three of them, not only steal Mayalily's houses but give her house and stuff to neighbors! Which is not easy since houses are no transfer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.