cat flying off?

Jerilynn Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently purchaed a house and moved in. While working with the land owner to get music abilities, she inadvertently deleted the house. On the surface, not a big deal. We rerezzed the house and were able to relocate all that was there (funtiture, kitchen stuff, pics on the wall etc...). We repositioned them all and went on with our daily SL lives.

One problem I found was a pet cat I have. After relocating the cat, I replaced him to the house and forgot about it . Now, everytime I sign in, I always find the same cat 19 m above the house. I've rehomed the animal again and it always reappears at the same place 19m above the roof. I finally returned it to my inventory until I can find a solution.

Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

I can think of only 3 possibilities.

1) The script is broken and you need a Kitty: update. Contact the creator to see of this is the case.

2) Scripts are turned off at your parcel but doesn't seem likely as you were able to get the owners menu for your kitty.

3) The place you have kitty rezzing had a physical prim on it and the kitty is pooping upwards to avoid it.

Hi Jerilynn,

While I'm grinning over the mental image, you might try rezzing the critter and resetting the scripts in it.

In Firestorm: right click the cat and select Object->Reset Scripts

In SLV3: Right click the cat, select "Edit", then go to the Build menu and select Scripts->Reset scripts.

Good luck!

• Like 1

My RL cat used to wander too.  She had a bell on her collar to make it easier to find her again, but it still didn't keep her from dashing into the bushes.

In the case of a LSL scripted cat, the home location is probably stored as a vector in the description field of one of the cat's prims.  Scripters commonly do that so that the home location will survive even if the script is reset.  It should be replaced when you go through whatever process you use to "rehome" the cat.  If it isn't, then either you are not folllowing the scripter's instructions carefully or the script is malfunctioning.   Try these steps:

1. Review the instructions that came with your cat to be sure that you are "rehoming" correctly.

2. If your cat is copiable, rez a COPY of the cat and then select it with your Edit tool.  Click the box that says Edit Selected.  Then click one prim after another (starting with the root prim -- highlighted in yellow) to look at their Description field, which is right under the prim's name on the General page of the edit tool.  When you find one that looks like <123.45, 6789.10, 1112.13> (made up numbers), delete the whole field.  Save the cat and then rez it again.  My hope is that it will ask you to set a new HOME at that point.  If it does, you're all set.  If it doesn't ..... well, that's why you messed with a copy.  :smileysurprised:

3. If none of that works, contact the merchant you bought the cat from and ask for help.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.