crashing like crazy lately

wizzelone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i`m crashing like crazy lately

i got my zelf a good computer :

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz (3392.19 MHz)
Memory: 3543 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 650/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.2049
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.12
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.5.0009.17865

Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 4/3,157 (0.1%)

and i have good internet

now what the hell is going on? why am i crashing all the time aspecialy when there are a lot of other avis around.

i tweakt the **bleep** out of sl but nothing seem to help so please don`t come with the standaard **bleep** list of pref. option changes because i have tryed them allready.

thank you.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz (3392.19 MHz)

and i have good internet

now what the hell is going on? why am i crashing all the time aspecialy when there are a lot of other avis around.

i tweakt the **bleep** out of sl but nothing seem to help so please don`t come with the standaard **bleep** list of pref. option changes because i have tryed them allready.

thank you.

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz (3392.19 MHz)

and i have good internet

thank you.

I'd try a third-party viewer, if you haven't already.

That said, I suspect you're getting squeezed for memory, and there may be memory leaks in Mesh rendering (or something). You've only got about 3GB of RAM, which is about all you can address with 32-bit Windows (Microsoft nerfed PAE), so... longer term, that may be something to consider: RAM is cheap, if a 64-bit OS is an option for you. Near term, though, maybe somebody knows a TPV to recommend for your particular situation.

Maybe also try a bunch of different crowded locations, to see if there's anything specific to the locations you've been visiting most lately. (There are some Mesh objects that will eventually crash me, too, if I cam around them for a while, but I can run for hours as long as they're not in the scene. YMMV, of course.)

Why not 64-bit? Not that I will help with your crashprob. Just asking.:smileyindifferent:

and i have good internet

Do you? Really? :smileysurprised:

Photos (screenshot of your speedtest to Dallas) or it didn't happen.

You're probably running out of memory. With 32-bit memory addressing there's only about 1.5 GB of memory available for Second Life and in a crowded area, especially with higher graphics settings and a lot of camera movement, you'll use that up really quickly. Your total system memory is also fairly low and I'm sure running voice isn't helping either.

Your specs sound odd - I'm surprised you'd have that little memory and a 32-bit OS with an i5 and a 6-series graphics card. Did you piece your system together re-using some things from an older system?

A good Internet connection and a good connection to SL are not the same thing. Test your connection to SL. See: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. But, a bad connection is seldom what crashes a viewer. You usually get disconnects.

You can look in the viewer's log to see what is happening when the viewer goes down. You'll find the log in: C:\Users\[Win_ID_login]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs. I find the SecondLife.log more readable and helpful than the crash log. But, you can check out both. Read them right after a crash.

Most crashing has something to do with your settings. You can ignore that fact if you want and continue to  suffer crash after crash. The quick test to eliminate settings is to rename your settings file. You can find it here: C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings.xml. Once renamed start the viewer and attempt a login. The viewer will build a new settings file using all the default settings. If that solves the problem, you know you have a problem setting. If you still have the problem, you can rename the settings files and restore your settings. I would suggest you do the rest of your troubleshooting using the new default settings and rename AFTER you solve the problem.

You can use your viewer stats panel (Ctrl-Shift-1) to see what your packet lost is. Packet loss over 3% can cause odd problems.

If you use only the one viewer, try Firestorm or one of the other third party viewers to see if they have the same problem. If they do, you have eliminated the viewer as the problem. If one viewer works and the other doesn't you have pretty well determined the problem viewer needs a clean install.

If the connection to SL is good, it isn't your settings, and is not a specific viewer, then read through Firestorm's Wiki on troubleshooting. Most of that is pertinent to all viewers.

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.