Please designers, don't use tattoo layer ONLY

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not sure where to put this.

I see a growing trend of designers using tattoo layer only for body layers. Maybe you don't use as many makeuplayers and hairbase as I often do. I use up 4-5 tattoo layers on face only. I get trouble when you sell your body tattoo on tattoo layer only. If your tattoo don't go up the neck, please, please include underwear layers too.

I see this for blender layers too, for mesh breasts to remove breasts on the skin layer. Please use underwear layer too. For the new Phat Azz, maybe you have to use only tattoo layer? Or you could please include some clothing layer. I see that mesh bodyparts like breasts and Phat Azz really need a blending layer. Selling your applier packs without blending layers is really a cheap solution and second best. I might buy one time from you, but twice?

I see a growing trend of designers using tattoo layer only for body layers. Maybe you don't use as many makeuplayers and hairbase as I often do. I use up 4-5 tattoo layers on face only. I get trouble when you sell your body tattoo on tattoo layer only. If your tattoo don't go up the neck, please, please include underwear layers too.

I see this for blender layers too, for mesh breasts to remove breasts on the skin layer. Please use underwear layer too. For the new Phat Azz, maybe you have to use only tattoo layer? Or you could please include some clothing layer. I see that mesh bodyparts like breasts and Phat Azz really need a blending layer. Selling your applier packs without blending layers is really a cheap solution and second best. I might buy one time from you, but twice?

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I often hit the 5 same-type layer limit, and have been long wishing Linden Labs could raise that limit... there was a chance they could've done it prior to SSB/A, but now... fat chance. It's especially annoying that only one type of layer can cover the face, and when I see products intended for the body, such as body oil, muscles, hair, body tattoos, layer gloves, cleavages, etc., offered only as tattoo items... I scratch my head.

But yeah... unless it's something that has to cover above the head, please, designers, offer it in as many layer types as possible; there is no additional texture upload cost, so little or no excuse not to do it except for laziness or lack of foresight.

Marianne Little wrote:

I agree 100%. I am so tired of having to decide which 5 tattoos I should use at a given time. If more things came with underwear layers, we would able to wear so much more. PLEASE include underwear layers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a template maker, I always made demos for item using the regular clothing layers. However, there is the rare clothing items that do require a tatoo layer.  I have found that sheer items (including lace) can sometime ONLY be put on a tattoo layer.  This is mostly because seams between two clothing layers is not even, and can ruin the look of the item. For Example.. one of my favorite items the June Shirt. it has sheer fabric down the arms which goes into the wrist, on the hand. If you were to put this template on a shirt layer, and a glove layer, it causes a very unsightly seam. Seams that template makers, and designers try to avoid. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/VT-June-Shirt/4427159

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.