Trigger A HTTP Request When An Object Is Deleted

joniveehernandez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

joniveehernandez wrote:

Hi Guys, any idea how to detect if the object is deleted? I want to send a HTTP request to execute a query if the object is deleted so that its record will also be deleted from the database.

If you mean deleted as in being placed within an inventory's garbage folder and then being removed, there is no way to determine that nor is there any way to have a script signal that is what is happening to the object.

The barrier here is that scripts only are operational while they are inworld. As soon as they are taken into inventory (by delete or take) they suspend everything until they are rerezzed. By the same token, anything you are using to track an object can only tell you that a specific instance of an object is no longer inworld, but has either been deleted or taken into inventory. And, I have to stress "instance of an object", because if it is rezzed again, though it may be everything else it was before and its script will resume execution where it was interrupted before, it will have a new UUID.

So, if you had been relying on "pinging", you'll now be getting pings from a "new" object, which, of course, would have no record at all in your database, even if you had an internal unique ID embedded in the "ping", you'd have removed it thinking it had been deleted instead of just stored for awhile.

I'd suggest you rethink what you want done, because deletion of an object is beyond the capabilities of LSL.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.