Randomly banned from two places right after each other with no warning and no reason

Gabe55554444

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I was just going to a sandbox to build and on the teleport I got a message saying I was now banned from the area.  Then I teleported to another sandbox and the same thing happened.  I don't know what happened or why I had been banned.  But at the same time my antivirus software started having a cow... Does anyone know what could have happened?  The first sandbox was ETech and the second was Shiromani.  I don't run any client side scripts or anything.  And i'm not a bot.  They were not from people as far as I can tell, I was just banned by the land.

Hello,

I was just going to a sandbox to build and on the teleport I got a message saying I was now banned from the area.  Then I teleported to another sandbox and the same thing happened.  I don't know what happened or why I had been banned.  But at the same time my antivirus software started having a cow... Does anyone know what could have happened?  The first sandbox was ETech and the second was Shiromani.  I don't run any client side scripts or anything.  And i'm not a bot.  They were not from people as far as I can tell, I was just banned by the land.

Possibly, SL is just being wired and giving you the wrong message.  Rolling restarts are going on and the sims may not have been available.  Try again later

If that's not it and you continue to get the message after today, have you ever been banned from another sim?  Sim owner's do talk to each other and there are also systems they subscribe to so that if someone is banned from a sim for bad behavior they are also banned from all the sims in the network.  This is perfectly legal as a sim owner can ban you for any reason or none at all.

Lastly, have you been there before and behaved badly or hassled someone,.  You don't have to say, and I am not accusing you, but if this is true, the sim owner may have banned you after receiving a complaint from someone.

If you really have been banned, and you truly don t know why, send a polite note to the owner and ask.  If it wasn't an error, then either go elsewhere or apologize, never let it happen again, and ask the owner to unban you

Gabe55554444 wrote:

I'll check back in a few days. 

as the other person said, im only 2 days old...

Ive never done anything bad, I just sit in the far corner and script (HUD windows, nothing bad or malicious)

Two days old and scripting HUD windows?

So what you are telling us is that this is not the account that was banned from the Sand Boxes.

Was the real problem the object you were making the HUD for?

Or was your script so bad it lag bombed the Sandbox?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Gabe55554444 wrote:

Ive never done anything bad, I just sit in the far corner and script (HUD windows, nothing bad or malicious)

So what you are telling us is that this is not the account that was banned from the Sand Boxes.

i used to have a couple of friends that were brand new to sl that came right in scripting like they have been here forever and a day writting scripts..

i was in  for like a year already and feeling like such a newbie around them..hehehe

they could code before they got here..LSL was real easy for them  they would say..

i think some people can jump right in..head to a sandbox and start writting  scripts right away..

myself i still scratch my head like i have fleas when i see some of these scripts..hehehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Gabe55554444 wrote:

i used to have a couple of friends that were brand new to sl that came right in scripting like they have been here forever and a day writting scripts..

i was in  for like a year already and feeling like such a newbie around them..hehehe

they could code before they got here..LSL was real easy for them  they would say..

i think some people can jump right in..head to a sandbox and start writting  scripts right away..

myself i still scratch my head like i have fleas when i see some of these scripts..hehehehe

oh, i know.

it's the probability factor here.

possible? yes.  probable, well........................

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.