Items purchased in world can't be reviewed on Marketplace

Jamilla Hua

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Lindens

I know I can't be the only one who's gone through this. The tedious hours searching for that desired product and then finally you find it. I'd love nothing more than to wirte a review on a product I've purchased in world on marketplace so that others will know more about it from the consumer. The problem is that if you buy products in world, you can NOT write a review on that product on Marketplace. This really needs to change so that reviews can be written about products purchased. As this is real money that is exchanged, it would seriously benefit merchants and customers both. Better business and promotion of products as well as warnings on poorly crafted items which land up being a total loss, as they CANNOT be returned to the vendor and no refund can be given. Please work on a way to make this happen. 

Kind regards

Jamilla

Dear Lindens

I know I can't be the only one who's gone through this. The tedious hours searching for that desired product and then finally you find it. I'd love nothing more than to wirte a review on a product I've purchased in world on marketplace so that others will know more about it from the consumer. The problem is that if you buy products in world, you can NOT write a review on that product on Marketplace. This really needs to change so that reviews can be written about products purchased. As this is real money that is exchanged, it would seriously benefit merchants and customers both. Better business and promotion of products as well as warnings on poorly crafted items which land up being a total loss, as they CANNOT be returned to the vendor and no refund can be given. Please work on a way to make this happen. 

Kind regards

Jamilla

The chance that LL is going to totally redo the marketplace and inworld so that everything sold inworld is linked to marketplace listings so that people can leave reviews is something like zero.  Plus if you read all the threads on reviews you will see that both merchants and buyers abuse the review system so no one is that crazy about it anyway.

If you are really pleased with a particular store (such as where you found the long searched for item), you *can* do a couple of things:

*Send a message to the creator telling him you enjoy the item (You have no idea how much this makes the day of most creators!)

To let other consumers know:

*Put them in your picks and replace the text that will automatically show up from the merchant with your own reason/s why you like the store.

*Join their group - not the subscribo - if you have space.  Other people will notice that, as well as the profile pick, when reading your profile.

*Tell your friends!

Pamela Galli wrote:

The chance that LL is going to totally redo the marketplace and inworld so that everything sold inworld is linked to marketplace listings so that people can leave reviews is something like zero.  Plus if you read all the threads on reviews you will see that both merchants and buyers abuse the review system so no one is that crazy about it anyway.

So true!  My head is still hurting from the thread on this topic in the General Forums.  Oy!  :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

So true!  My head is still hurting from the thread on this topic in the General Forums.  Oy!  :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Really! I am always astonished that people care SO much about stuff like this. I think I will save my energy for something that really matters.

This is why often, after I find a product that I like in-world, I check to see if they have it at their Marketplace store, and if they do (and it's the same price, or even less), I prefer buying it there, so that I later have the reviewing option.

If they don't, you have to remember that the merchant always has to take several specific steps to make the item available there, since it's nowhere near automated, even after the introduction of Direct Delivery there are enough unavoidable differences that the merchant has to devote time to enable its MP listing. Even if it was compulsory and as automated as possible, this would still be true because the Marketplace vending format demands several unique things impossible to automate, such as main and secondary pictures, description, tags, product categorization, etc.

Ren Toxx wrote:

This is why often, after I find a product that I like in-world, I check to see if they have it at their Marketplace store, and if they do (and it's the same price, or even less), I prefer buying it there, so that I later have the reviewing option.

If they don't, you have to remember that the merchant always has to take several specific steps to make the item available there, since it's nowhere near automated, even after the introduction of Direct Delivery there are enough unavoidable differences that the merchant has to devote time to enable its MP listing. Even if it was compulsory and as automated as possible, this would still be true because the Marketplace vending format demands several unique things impossible to automate, such as main and secondary pictures, description, tags, product categorization, etc.

And besides being able to leave a review, your all so helping the merchant by increasing their marketplace search placement.

Jamilla Hua wrote:

Dear Lindens

Kind regards

Jamilla

I floated this suggestion well over a year ago.  As for "no refund can be given", any merchant CAN give a refund, some choose not to.

Personally i'm not fussed, I get maybe 2 reviews a year even on my top selling item.  Reviews aren't the big thing that needs changing though I agree, it's just as frustrating when someone wants to leave a nice message and can't though if they wanted to they could have just used MP in the first place if that was the general motive.

Similarly there are things that happen in world that doesn't happen on MP.  My vendors check the sale immediately and auto refund if the customer accidentally does a duplicate purchase.  Why can't MP do the same or offer customer self redelivery?  It's really not hard to do.

Pamela Galli wrote:

When it is apparently completely beyond their abilities to, say, reduce the size of the keyword field to reduce spam, or eliminate merchant name from search results, or any other of dozens of other things, I have to assume this, too, is beyond them.

Or fix mixed listings for ALL merchants. (I'm going to keep saying this in the hopes that CTL just *might* see it.  The jira I was instructed to complete has been languishing in "unassigned" for months. :matte-motes-sour:)

Guess what I was going to make a new post about? Yep, this lack of review for buying exactly same product via inworld vendors.

Good creators are not getting as much praise as they should and 'Mickey Mouse' ones are not getting the negative feedback due, not to mention customers could be warned to stay clear.

But, hey...we are talking LL, here, when all is said and done.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.