Is there somewhere I can get non-mesh shoes?

playtimeNYC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Many merchants sell non-mesh shoes.  You should not have any problem finding them in world or in Marketplace.  Mesh shoes are much more popular these days, but there are still good reasons to wear non-mesh.  You have discovered one of them.  Your stockings probably do look pretty stupid when they are cut off at the ankles. 

Try posting your question again in the Fashion forum.  While you're at it, though, ask whether anyone knows where to buy mesh shoes with matching stockings.  I would be very surprised if some creator hadn't started making them.

Both of the other answers, are fine. You can certainly find non-mesh things on MP, for certain. Just look for anything lesser quality. What I would suggest, is that you buy a alpha pack, people sell them. You can go through the alphas, and see if one works better for the shoes in question. Otherwise, you may need new shoes, naturally. I had a similar problem, with a pair of high heels, that came, with prim feet. And the skin selection, wouldn't match my skin. I ended up throwing them out. I've also had problems, with alphas that come with dresses, and bras, etc. doing the same thing. An alpha pack, may be a good purchase, for the future as well.

playtimeNYC wrote:

Hello all:

I love mesh shoes, but I can't seem to wear them with my stockings. The foot cuts off at the ankle and it looks a bit ridiculous. Any advice?

Mesh/non-mesh doesn't have any significance in this situation. You should be looking for shoes that don't include an attached "foot" in the shoe. They can be found in both mesh and non-mesh,and shoes WITH attached feet can also be found in mesh and non-mesh. Bear in mind that if you wear a high-heel shoe that doesn't have a "foot" attached you will be rellying on the "foot shaper" to make your avatar's foot look like it's bending to fit into the shoe and the avatar mesh in the ankle area isn't well-made so it's highly likely that you'll see some ankle distortion that many people find unsightly. It's also very difficult to make open high-heel shoes that look good without using an attached foot.

One thing to be aware of is that many new mesh shoes that don't include a "foot" are designed for a specific mesh foot add-on and they're not going to work without them. They will (or should) make this requirement clear in the description.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.