Is there any way to report an entire marketplace store?

Jade Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there any way to report an entire marketplace store? Or do I have to notify every designer individually that their work is being stolen and sold at a discounted price so that they can file DMCA?

Like, the person isn't even being subtle about it. 

I just removed the link. I figured most people wouldn't be **bleep**ty enough to go ahead and buy from them but you're right there are always the few that don't care :S So yeah, link removed.

I guess I'll have to drop a notecard to each of the designers to DMCA.

Even if the skins end up being different, they're still using the designer names AND their images to advertise so even that's copyright infringement. I saw some of the originals and the person even took their marketplace photos, they didn't even remake them either. 

A brand I represent is being affected by at least three MP scammers, and two appear to be partners or the same person. (ad is worded identically)

My question is, how exactly do I file a DMCA against an item or items on the marketplace?  I can't find a way to do so?   I have filed DMCA complaint with LL before, and I needed the item name and SLURL where it's located, how can I do this with marketplace when they don't have an in-world location?  (in fact their "see the item in world" links back to the actual store, cheeky!)  

There isn't even an adequate way to abuse report the items.  I really don't know what to do, any help please?

And if you can spell it out step-by-step as if you're talking to a 6-year-old child, even better!

Love, Dita

THIS page details what you need to do.

To File a Notification

A written notification must be made. This can be done either by fax or written letter (regular mail or courier). Emails will not be accepted unless a prior arrangement has been made. The notification must:

1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (i.e., describe the work that you own).
  2. Identify the in-world item that you claim is infringing on your copyright, and provide information reasonably sufficient to locate the item in-world. For example "The allegedly infringing work I am referring to is located on the map area labeled 'Freelon, 104,30,56'." Or the website url.
  3. Provide a reasonably sufficient method of contacting you; phone number and email address would be preferred.
  4. (Optional) Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit us to notify the user(s) who posted the content that allegedly contains infringing material. You may also provide screenshots or other materials that are helpful to identify the works in question. (This is for identification only, not to "prove" substantive claims.)
  5. Include the following statement: "I have good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above and contained on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law."
  6. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
  7. Sign the paper

Please note: The DMCA provides that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys fees) if you falsely claim that an in-world item is infringing your copyrights. We recommend contacting an attorney if you are unsure whether an in-world object is protected by copyright laws.

Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent at Linden Research:

Linden Research, Inc.
Attn: Designated Copyright Agent
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

Alternatively, fax the document to (415)520-9660. On the cover sheet, please write ATTN: DMCA NOTIFICATION

Dita Tran wrote:

A brand I represent is being affected by at least three MP scammers, and two appear to be partners or the same person. (ad is worded identically)

My question is, how exactly do I file a DMCA against an item or items on the marketplace?  I can't find a way to do so?   I have filed DMCA complaint with LL before, and I needed the item name and SLURL where it's located, how can I do this with marketplace when they don't have an in-world location?  (in fact their "see the item in world" links back to the actual store, cheeky!)  

There isn't even an adequate way to abuse report the items.  I really don't know what to do, any help please?

And if you can spell it out step-by-step as if you're talking to a 6-year-old child, even better!

Love, Dita

You don't need a SLURL.

All you need is (just substitute) the URL for the page on the Marketplace.

ETA, Drake beat me by two seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that the way LL set that whole program up there should be a dance you must do and record/send  in a easy to email format for the fact they will need to send it to friends and family for a good laugh .

I went threw this process years ago and  I be honest, at the rate of time in replies and  time to contact the person in violation with their warning it did little good. All they did is take down the objects, make some warnings.No one even got banned .

The person simply  made a alt, transfer over and picked up where they left off a month later.

Even if you do go the whole trip and get their information you have to find a lawyer willing to go pro bono and hope they live in the same country.

The cost is more then the lost value in my opinion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.