Missing skins.

Maci Meriman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

It's hard to know what to suggest because I don't know what "normal stuff" you might have tried already.  The standard solution, though, is to clear your inventory cache manually (not with the Clear Cache button in Preferences).  Here's how to do it >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear

The most important part of those instructions is the sentence that says, "While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory."  Just go make a sandwich or something until it's done.

• Like 3

If they were free skins, it's possible that they were copied without permission, the creator hit LL with a DMCA notice, and LL removed them from your inventory (and everyone else's).  But if that was the case, you should have got an email from LL.

• Like 1

If its not just the skins missing but maybe quite a few items from your inventory, try moving your cache. First Clear your cache. Then Go to your computers documents and create a new folder, i use firestorm viewr , so i make a folder named FIRESTORM1.  After creating the folder go to Pre> Network & Cache > Set Location. Then find the folder that you created. and set that to where you want your cache to go. Relog and let your inventory load. You should get everything back.

Actually, the limiting factors are:

1) The speed of the OPs Internet and whether or not they are using a wired versus wireless connection to the service router.

2) The speed of the PC [specifically the CPU speed as a throttle then overall memory size and speed then the Disk I/O speed]

Alas, throwing money at a problem is not always a possibility.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.