Which sub-forum to promote an in-world group?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I have searched and searched and can't figure out which forum is the appropriate one to promote my inworld group.  It is an event informer group, not adult rated.

The old forums used to have a section for that, but I can't find it here, if it exists.  Any suggestions?  Thank you. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Ellen Cordeaux wrote:

Hi all,

I have searched and searched and can't figure out which forum is the appropriate one to promote my inworld group.  It is an event informer group, not adult rated.

The old forums used to have a section for that, but I can't find it here, if it exists.  Any suggestions?  Thank you. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Just place the ad and if it's wrong LL will move it to the right forum area or delete it.

Not sure a banner is the way to go as I block ads and I'm sure many other people do to.  I'll post it as was suggested and see what happens.  If it gets moved or deleted...*shrugs.   Are the Lindens really all up in the forums these days anyway?  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Thanks a bunch for the responses!

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

I think Suspiria was referring to the signature you can add to your posts using 'My Settings' at the top of this window.  Mine, for instance, starts "Occam's razor ...", some other people use theirs as advertising space.

Most (informed) people turn off sigs.

You get more content per screen

And less boring self-promotion.

Oh Signatures.  *nods

Well, I have those turned off too.  :smileytongue:  But to say self-promotion is 'boring'....I disagree.  It depends on what you're promoting and how you're doing it.  You might find it boring, others might find it interesting or helpful.  To each his own. 

Pie Serendipity wrote:

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

I think Suspiria was referring to the signature you can add to your posts using 'My Settings' at the top of this window.  Mine, for instance, starts "Occam's razor ...", some other people use theirs as advertising space.

Most (informed) people turn off sigs....

And most people don't visit advertising forums, change channels when ads come on the TV, skip the pages of ads in magazines, run adblock on their browser, etc.

Lol, no-one said it was easy to advertise, just that this was amongst the simple and free options

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.