Hand Problems

xIITaylorIIx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Clear your cache, perhaps it's corrupted. Restart your computer then log in somewhere quiet such as Smith and allow your inventory reload.

Failing that clearing the problem, do a Character Test:

CTRL+ALT+Q to open the Develop Menu

Select Avatar

Select Character Test

Select Test Female

This will reset your avatar to a default library avatar, which very few issues survive, then rebuild your avatar using your own shape, skin, eyes, hair etc. Do it one item at a time to check if the problem returns and if it does, you'll know which item is causing it.

Did all the above and after clearing the cache already and going to Smith, the lines were gone. I still did the character test and reloaded all the stuff onto my avatar. Unfortunately though, in any place a little more busy, the lines are back and yes, others see it too :(

Also contacted the mesher 3 days ago but unfortunately no answer yet.

xIITaylorIIx wrote:

Did all the above and after clearing the cache already and going to Smith, the lines were gone. I still did the character test and reloaded all the stuff onto my avatar. Unfortunately though, in any place a little more busy, the lines are back and yes, others see it too
:(

there mesh? Is this only seen from a distance? if so it may be a poorly made LOD issue.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

xIITaylorIIx wrote:

Did all the above and after clearing the cache already and going to Smith, the lines were gone. I still did the character test and reloaded all the stuff onto my avatar. Unfortunately though, in any place a little more busy, the lines are back and yes, others see it too
:(

there mesh? Is this only seen from a distance? if so it may be a poorly made LOD issue.

Don't you just love when people provide all the info! 

It makes life so simple for us!     ;)

By the mesher I mean the person that made it, sold it, "SL languaged" it. 

@ Perrie: I don't know exactly if you are implying that I am not giving enough information. This "game" is extremely difficult. It doesn't only come with dice to throw but also it's own language which the "old" members love to use even although you tell them over and over that you started it a week ago and have no clue what they are talking about. I have to google the sentences first before I even know what people are saying.

If I misunderstood, then forgive my ignorance.

xIITaylorIIx wrote:

By the mesher I mean the person that made it, sold it, "SL languaged" it. 

@ Perrie: I don't know exactly if you are implying that I am not giving enough information. This "game" is extremely difficult. It doesn't only come with dice to throw but also it's own language which the "old" members love to use even although you tell them over and over that you started it a week ago and have no clue what they are talking about. I have to google the sentences first before I even know what people are saying.

If I misunderstood, then forgive my ignorance.

We understand that there is a lot to learn here and that the terminology can seem confusing at first.

So the more detail you give, the better.

If this is a pair of hands that you bought and are wearing, the answer to the problem will be much different than if we are talking about the default Avatar hands.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.