latest singularity version

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, I have just downloaded the latest version of singularity in accordance with the new server side regulations but I cannot even get the login page to load, the whole screenis like an 80's disco hall, lots of bright flashing lights all over the screen, even the new firestorm viewer does exactly the same thing, howev latest viewer 2 works fine...can anyone explain this for me please...I much prefer to use singularity than viewer2. thx.

Hi...I'm not a teckie at all...but wanted to share that I had the same problem on an older laptop with all viewers except Phoenix...everything was hot pink an anyother viewer.  The old laptops game card thing just wasn't powerful enough.

I'm using singularity no too and having problems with my inventory loading...it just keeps trying..any help would be appreiciated...

Thanks

Inventory loading is not viewer related, but a problem with your connection to LL's asset servers.

Check if you have http activated for inventory on Prefs/Network, if it's off, turn it on, then go to a quiet  water sim like hahne or moses and wait for your inventory to load, Don't  play any streams,  try to avoid  camming around or  iming, this should speed up inventory loading.

J.

• 4 weeks later...

Have I finally lost the plot or have the developers completely omitted the ability to be able to enter a slurl anywhere in this viewer? Is that not a core function... On the plus side I can get a funky little pop up that show sme what tunes are playing and have about a thousand options in preferences to do all sorts  of things. Except use an address bar to get places. And where is the landmarks window??

KadenChase wrote:

Have I finally lost the plot or have the developers completely omitted the ability to be able to enter a slurl anywhere in this viewer? Is that not a core function... On the plus side I can get a funky little pop up that show sme what tunes are playing and have about a thousand options in preferences to do all sorts  of things. Except use an address bar to get places. And where is the landmarks window??

Is this your first time using Singularity? 

I've not used Singularity much myself but it is built on the old Snowglobe Viewer (Viewer 1) which ahd a completely different interface.

Snowglobe did not have a separate "landmarks window."  You accessed Landmarks in you Inventory.

Also, it's been several years but if I recall correctly Snowglobe did not have a "Navigation Pane" which is what I think you are referring to as an "Address Bar."

To use an SLURL you entered it in chat and clicked on the link that would appear in the Chat window.

It functions completely different than any thing since Viewer 2 was released.

I am not all that familiar with Singularity so if any of my information is wrong here I hope someone who uses Singularity regularly steps in.

I was having some flashing issues when I used the download from the Singularity main page.  (This was my first time using Singularity.)  I completed a support issue and was advised to dl an Alpha version found here.  The one I'm using is: Singularity Viewer 1.8.0 (4726) Jul 20 2013 17:43:10 (Singularity Alpha) and it runs beautifully.

As far as the other questions - Singularity is almost identical to Phoenix, which I loved.  It's a v1 viewer (which I also love...I DETEST!!!! v3 viewers - even FS in Phoenix mode is too weird for my taste :( )

No reason for tantrum throwing, Melita, and may it be as small as you promise it to be. Just join the dark side (we have candy in the back of the van) and enjoy a very familiar gui and much more functionality than 1.23 ever dreamed of. Mesh, web on prim, ssa and other goodies, it's all there. And then some.

Melita Magic wrote:

As an insomniac: Czari, I love your new sig line.
:D

And by the way...still on viewer 1.23 (whistles innocently)

:D

I'm really gonna hate the day it stops working...will be throwing a mini tantrum over here. 

I too tried the new official viewers and did.not.LIKE.

Heh...I saw that quote on my sig somewhere a long time ago and loved it.  I'm a night owl and tired of having "conversations" with morning people.  I have new neighbors who are in bed by 9 pm (and they are youngish - 30's) but they're up VERY early...usually about the time I'm going to bed...lol.

I hear ya on the viewers.  The former Nicholaz viewer was based on the 1.xx LL versions, except he (Nicholaz) could produce a bug-free viewer while LL was still scratching their heads.  Phoenix is very similar in layout to LL 1.23 -> Nicholaz with some wonderful added features like radar.  Singularity is pretty much exactly like Phoenix. 

I'm surprised you're still able to use the LL v 1.23.  Right after LL introduced v2 I logged in with the LL 1.23 viewer for some reason and got this huge message that I had to update which I did and saw the horror that was v2, went screaming away and never logged in with a LL viewer again.  Maybe if I had cancelled that log in I could still have had the 1.23 version.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.