Any one else having issues?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This can be moved but its early and I cant think. So I updated firestorm no problems. Now today everytime I rez an object and then open or move or delete that object my viewer crashes. I just when on a major shopping spree and I cant mess with anything due to this. Makes a girl wanna cry ya know.All those shinny new things I can play with lol. So if anyone is having this issue and fixed it I would love you forever if you would help out. Thanks a bunch.. Once again sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Check with the inworld FS group.  You are more likely to get a dev answer or find out that the issue has been noted/solved.  I don't think a clean install was required for this new release, but you might want to try it anyway.

Sy Beck wrote:

Check with the inworld FS group.  You are more likely to get a dev answer or find out that the issue has been noted/solved.  I don't think a clean install was required for this new release, but you might want to try it anyway.

If you were upadating from 4.1 to 4.2 they said a clean install was not needed.

If upgrading from an earlier version, then yes they recommended a clean install.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I figured out it was only happening in one of my houses so it isnt the viewer. So I think I would have to talk to to land owner???  Thanks guys for the advice.
:)

Check the Land Settings.

For instance if create object is set to 'group only' you would need to have that group active in order to rez.

I'm having a number of issues, actually - after getting a new PC and downloading newer viewers the "Offline" indicator on profiles don't show up, my avatar mysteriously lost weight, and on one of the viewers anything I type in local chat on the UI doesn't show up.

(You did ask if anyone was having issues. *Grins*)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I'm having a number of issues, actually - after getting a new PC and downloading newer viewers the "Offline" indicator on profiles don't show up, my avatar mysteriously lost weight, and on one of the viewers anything I type in local chat on the UI doesn't show up.

Congratulations on the new computer Czari, hope you enjoy SL a lot more now. :) On the local chat issue, you may have muted yourself in error although I thought LL had made that impossible but if it's a TPV, maybe.

First off, I'm glad to have found this thread. My issue: ever since I complied with the mandatory update of the (regular) SL viewer, I crashed every 5 minutes, followed by getting logged out as soon as I log in! Mandatory, eh? Downloading the latest veriosn is the stupidest thing I did today.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Congratulations on the new computer Czari, hope you enjoy SL a lot more now.
:)
On the local chat issue, you may have muted yourself in error although I thought LL had made that impossible but if it's a TPV, maybe.

Thanks, Nyll. :)  In another thread I was given something to look for in the chat settings of CoolVL - something about "Use old-school chat" or something like that.  Although muting myself isn't entirely impossible.  In EQ I've been known to "snare" myself instead of the mob I'm fighting, then wonder why I'm moving so slowly. :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.