Griefed

Lilith Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

You may have heard this old vaudeville joke ---

Patient"Doc, it hurts when I do this!"

Doctor: "Well, then, don't do that!"

If you don't want to end up in a porta potty, don't go to that sim.  :smileytongue:

Really, though, that could be a hard one to beat, depending on exactly how it's done.  You seem to have come across a cage, possibly triggered by something you collide with or maybe just by a sensor.  I can think of several ways to create such a device, so I'm sure that any mildly skilled griefer can.  Ultimately, the only way to solve the problem is to locate the device and have the sim owner remove it.  Or, as the joke says, stop going there.

• Like 2

The item has been set to detect you when you enter the sim, and "follow" you.

There is no way to stop this that I know of, except to:

• remove the item from the sim, or have the land owner remove it, or
  • as Rolig says, "don't go there".

You can also try Blocking the object and its owner, but I'm not sure this will solve the problem.

• Like 1

Hello Natallliee,

this porta potty obviously has gotten your permissions to make your avatar sit on it.

So sadly to me it seems you can't stop it - if you don't ask the owner of the land or the porta potty to remove / reset the device.

The only option to make it stop (assuming that you are not using an RLV-enabled viewer which is specially designed for these devices and this is *not* a RLV-porta-potty) is that you already sit down on something when you go into this sim, before the porta-potty catches you.

I think It's so funny how the best way to stop a griefer is to just run away and let them win... Makes me want to never play second life again. I mean seriously that's the best answer for everything on this answers board for griefing and abuse. I get no auto replies for the lindens anymore when I file and there for have no idea if they even receive them. I'm in the wrong business helping new people I should just be a griefer like the rest if they don't care. I don't get it, why is the so hard to just get them to so something about some of these blatant attacks on the residents? It is really starting to become pathetic. That is one of the reasons I will not pay to have an account here. (Maybe this belongs in the rant and raves section)   

• Like 1

I think It's so funny how the best way to stop a griefer is to just run away and let them win... Makes me want to never play second life again. I mean seriously that's the best answer for everything on this answers board for griefing and abuse. I get no auto replies for the lindens anymore when I file and there for have no idea if they even receive them. I'm in the wrong business helping new people I should just be a griefer like the rest if they don't care. I don't get it, why is the so hard to just get them to so something about some of these blatant attacks on the residents? It is really starting to become pathetic. That is one of the reasons I will not pay to have an account here. (Maybe this belongs in the rant and raves section) 

--------

This is so very true, it's pathetic.  Even the Lindens don't care anymore.  "Run away, run away!  Let the bullies win!"

Thanks for nothing.

Within the past 2 months I saw a griefing going on for at least 6 WEEKS, non-stop, even though I and many others I know reepeatedly filed Abuse Report after Abuse Report after Abuse Report about this attack.  Anyone who tried to tp into that sim was crashed by a massive graphic attack there that NO ONE seem to care to stop -- except those few who did care, but didn't have the power to do so.

I am seeing sims being griefed *now* that NEVER had such problems before in their long existence in SL -- and the Lindens again do NOTHING.

At this point, I think anyone who *believes* the Lindens will help them with griefers is just fooling themselves.  ARs have become a waste of time.  You're basically on your own.

• Like 1

Sim and parcel owners have the tools to prevent and clean up griefer attacks. That has never been Linden Lab's responsibility.

You are right, BTW. This really belongs in a Rant and Raves section, but there isn't one. We are all SL residents like you. Lindens never come here, so you are wasting a good rant. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.