What do I have to do to increase credit in USD $, in the objective of paying my land ?

Tiger Maurer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Nothing has changed.  Your trading limit is low at first, but increases with time.

• "Days" in the New Resident limits description refers to days since first billing transaction with Linden Lab.

Resident Monthly Limits

New Residents Level
  0 to 1
Days
2 to 7
Days
8 to 27
Days
1 2
Buy L$ US$30 US$100 US$300 US$2,500 US$10,000
Sell L$ US$0 US$0 US$300 US$2,500 US$5,000
Purchase US$250 US$500 US$1,300 US$5,000 US$10,000

See Billing and Trading Limits to check your limits and ensure that your difficulties are actually related to your billing and trading limits. Your level will be highlighted if you're logged in.

If this does appear to be the difficulty, you may request a review of your account to increase your limits by submitting a support case:

1. Under What type of problem are you having? select Billing.
  2. Under Billing, select LindeX Billing and Trading Limits Review Reqest.
  3. Fill out the remaining fields as instructed, then click Submit.

Linden Lab will review your request and get back to you within five business days.

BTW, we are all SL residents like you.  Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answer service.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

In your Dashboard page, under Linden Exchange on the left side, click Manage, then the Increase Credit link.  You can increase your $USD balance in $20 increments.

If this does not work for you, rest assured that LL will charge your designated payment method, if your $USD balance is insufficient to pay your fees.

• Like 1

Tiger,

Linden Research has removed the Increase Credit feature. In the case of paying your Land or Region tiers to LR; Your Balance of USDs on hand will be depleted 1st and if you owe additional money, then your designated payment method will now be billed directly. The is no longer a need to manually increase your Credit on Hand.

Be sure you have specified your payment method for the [ Buy Land, Premium, recurring fees ] category.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/billing.php?lang=en-US

BTW - Make sure you have specified a payment option at least 24 hours before your land tiers are scheduled to come out so that it is recorded appropriately for the batch land tier payment processing system.

• Like 1

Do you mean our account page? because all I find under Increase Limit is links to buy lindens. One, I just want to set money aside for my Island Tier, NOT buy lindens. And Two, I used to increase my USD limit from multiple sources through the month, making sure that money was set aside for tier and didn't get spent on other items, it was not all conveniently in one place to be auto with drawn from. I've spent thousands in USD tier to LL over the years, but it seems that instead of making things better for their loyal tier paying customers, they are making things worse :(

Just an example of what I have do now that LL has decided to make things more DIFFICULT for tier payors.  If I choose one of my CC for automatic withdrawal on my tier, if I have a paypal amount to add to t hat, i have to cash out of paypal and send it to my bank (process can take a few days), then go to my bank withdraw that cash and make that payment  to my CC balance as quickly as possible so I don't end up using it for other billing.  All this instead of just paying from my pay pal to my USD limit directly.  I also pretty much have to isolate that one credit card just for SL transactions now so that there is enough to cover tier on it.  I'm not real happy about that.

I had to buy lindens and then sell them again straight away to increase my account credit. It has now become inconvenient, convoluted and daft if you simply want to add some credit to you account. I don't want my CC being directly billed, I LIKE being able to manage the credit in my account for a number of reasons. I have been increasing the credit on my account for years and I am not too thrilled with the changes being rolled out and not being adequately informed about them. Please bring back a more simplified method of increasing account credit. I would have thought that making it easier for me to add money to my account would be in Linden Labs best interests.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.