Normals map Plugin for Photoshop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Great video, Medhue!  Thanks!!

After watching it yesterday, I went searching for something similar that I could use with Corel Photo-Paint.  Unfortunately, the Nvidia Normal Map plugin doesn't work with Photo-Paint.  I did try it with GIMP but for some reason the preview wouldn't work for me.

After some looking around I finally settled on ShaderMap.  It's not free but it's not that expensive and there is a trial version you can use to check it out.  Besides normal maps, it also generates displacement, specular, and ambient occlusion maps straight from the loaded texture  The previews are great and I found customizing the maps quite easy.

Just another option to make our move to Materials a bit easier :)

I bought ShaderMap and like it very much. Very slick interface. The demo is VERY crippled so all you can really tell is if your computer will run it (memory hog so will not work for everyone) and how the interface works. It does seem to do a very good job and the fellow that made it has lots of videos and a nice online manual of sorts. I am happy with my purchase :D

• Like 1

Chic Aeon wrote:

I bought ShaderMap and like it very much. Very slick interface. The demo is VERY crippled so all you can really tell is if your computer will run it (memory hog so will not work for everyone) and how the interface works. It does seem to do a very good job and the fellow that made it has lots of videos and a nice online manual of sorts. I am happy with my purchase
:D

Thanks, Chic!  It's good to get another opinion.

I'm sure there are a lot of products out there, at various price points, that will do the same kind of thing.  I was impatient because I wanted to learn more about Materials and didn't want to spend too much time searching for tools.

This one really helped me get up to speed quickly as the map generation (normal & specular) was so easy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.