I just got tagged for being a "loli"? What will come of this?

Javail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was in one of my typical hang out spots which is a strip club and yeah, I got a message from some horribly rude woman saying "I'm reporting you for being a loli" Because I was wearing an Anime avatar. I explained to her that I was in fact, NOT an underage character, I was a full grown woman as far as curves and height are concerned, my character didn't even look like a young girl. It looked like a young anime woman. The avatar is the Rikugo, so I'm sure you can look for yourselves and see. Regardless, her response was "Well it's your problem, it's in LL's hands now"  So, I know this is a really serious offense and I don't want that kind of tag on me. Is there a way I can dispute this?

EDIT: Thank you for the answer, to clarify a bit, I understand anime avis usually tend to look young, but as said before you can look up Rikugo in the market place. She actually has a large chest (By real standards not the overpumped milk sacks in SL) some nice, womanly hips. And as for height, she is I think two inches underneath the default avatar height. I do not see how this avi can even be considered young at all.

6 answers to this question

First of all, don't worry about it too much.  There's a large gray area in what constitutes a "child-like" avatar.  Don't worry about disputing the abuse report unless/until you are actually given a suspension or ban.  IF that happens, then you can dispute the ruling.

There is also a gray area in WHERE child-like avatars may be.  In fact, they are permitted in Adult areas...as long as they are not engaging in or soliciting sexual activity.  Although many Adult venues will exclude child-like avatars as the owner's policy, as far as LL's actual rules go, they can be in an Adult region.

Having said all that, ***In my opinion*** you are asking for trouble taking a female anime avatar into an adult venue.  Japanese anime females typically have a very youthful appearance...short stature, childlike features, small breasts and narrow hips.  The Japanese ideal of a young adult woman can very easily appear to be a child in the eyes of a Westerner.

• Like 1

The bottom line is that the owner of a sim or parcel has the ultimate power to eject or ban anyone.  She doesn't need a reason, and doesn't need to explain to anyone.  There are plenty of othr places to enjoy SL.  Move along and find them.

• Like 1

some adult areas send a notecard of rules upon landing or have rule signs near a forced landing point. its a good idea to make sure you read those if your avi may be questionable to make sure u know that locations stand on what your avi is. this goes for taller avis as well as some places my not allow non humans where others may not allow human. some places are gender specific and some require the avi to be a minimum sl age or in your case a minimum avi height.

if the location doesn't have any rules easily found then they are sticking with whatever the labs say. places that have rules available will specify what they expect. ether way if you know the rules of the location and someone confronts you then you will have the  power to say they are wrong and to be able to state what the locations stand on the issue is. 

in this case knowledge is power and should go a long way to shut up the busy bodies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.