Music in SL going in and out... Server side problem??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i've been experiencing this problem since 3-4 days ago. Music on most SIM keeps going in and out while i am listening to it. I've been performing several tests on my connection, which lead me to believe that isn't an issue with my ISP provider, cause i been achieving maximum download/upload speeds as usual. I've been checking also for virus (but i been always protected and never had an issue with them before). I've asked other folks if they were experiecing something similar but no one seems to have the same issue, so i am not sure.. What's happening to me? Everything seems to be fine to me... I do play other games, download things as usual but just have problems in SL.

Sylvan Turbo wrote:

So i've been experiencing this problem since 3-4 days ago. Music on most SIM keeps going in and out while i am listening to it. I've been performing several tests on my connection, which lead me to believe that isn't an issue with my ISP provider, cause i been achieving maximum download/upload speeds as usual. I've been checking also for virus (but i been always protected and never had an issue with them before). I've asked other folks if they were experiecing something similar but no one seems to have the same issue, so i am not sure.. What's happening to me? Everything seems to be fine to me... I do play other games, download things as usual but just have problems in SL.

Oddly, this happened to me today in one sim I was in but whist at the SLB 10 it didn't.  It has happened before and typically I get the stream url, use winamp and it works great telling me it's an SL issue. What it is, I can't say.

I've been having this problem for a few days. Been at work mostly, so technically, I had this problem last week. Thought it was connection issues, but my connectivity is fine. And indeed, some parcels and regions have no, or little problem. I too, am now more curious about this.

Christin73 wrote:

This happend to a club full of people yuesterday. The DJ thaught it was on their end. Good to know the DJs not at fault on this one.

Really replying in general here but this does have me wondering.

The stream does not pass through the SL Servers. 

Accessing a stream is strictly a client function.  The only thing the Servers do is state the URL.  The 'app' in the Viewer connects directly to the Steam source (which is why a DJ can see your IP when you connect to the stream).

So if a Stream is breaking up it has to be either a poor connection on either the sender or receivers side or if the Client is having a problem, for instance processing too much other information.

If everyone in the club is having trouble, then the problem is on the DJ's end.

If only you are having trouble, then the problem is on your end.

Trouble shooting it in the viewer could be a real pain.

When I have had problems, usually a simple relog has fixed.

But as Sus pointed out, many people deal with it by using WinAmp. 

That is a good indicator that something with the music app is malfunctioning in the Viewer.

Sylvan Turbo wrote:

If it happens on different sims with different streams, I would think it would have to be your connection. Try dropping your bandwidth in your viewer's network preferences down to 500 and see if that makes any difference.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.