If a snapshot is sent to a wrong email.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I accidentally sent a snapshot to a wrong email. When I emailed the unfortunate recipient of my very sexy pic to apologizes I got a return. Thankfully the email address does not exist. However within the SL viewer it would tell me 'email sent!'. My question is, where do the pics go when they don't send correctly? It didn't return to my own inbox. Do they just disappear?

When an email is sent to an address that doesn't exist, it just gets bounced by the domain server that it's sent to (assuming that it's a valid domain; if it's not, it just poofs). You'll in most cases get a Non-Delivery Report the next time your email syncs.

The LL viewer is not an email client. You shouldn't expect it to have all the functions of one.

Hi, no email client i know about checks for valid receivers.

Would be nice if all had to because that would make sending spam a bit harder.

You can set the interval to check for new emails in the client, 1 minute to .... hours or set to push that immediatly receive them.

Btw, Receiving a sexy picture from a girl would annoy me :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Monti

Monti Messmer wrote:

Hi, no email client i know about checks for valid receivers.

Would be nice if all had to because that would make sending spam a bit harder.

Indeed it would! I wonder if a system like that would ever be implamented....hmm.

This incadent made me think that while yes SL has no need of a full email client features (as said by Griffin Ceawlin), it might be a nice touch to add atleast a 'sent' log of some kind. That would be handy for remebering who got what, and for remebering emails that it was sent to.

I checked my email and none of my picutres were returned. I gues they just get eatin up if they dont send correctly. *sigh* I'll have to set up that shapshot again..I hope I can make it as perfect as it was the frist time.

Ven Nightfire wrote:

I'll have to set up that shapshot again..I hope I can make it as perfect as it was the frist time.

I think I used the "send via email" feature exactly one time (when I first signed up/logged in and had to complete certain tasks as part of my "orientation").

Since then, I've saved all to disk. It's possible that I saved myself a lot of headaches in the process.

This could be a problem. All emails for which the 'to' address is invalid are by default forwarded to a site set up back in the late '80s: www.orphan.email.huh.

Once received and evaluated, most orphan emails are discarded (unless the message contains keywords of interest to the National Security Agency) or unless they contain attachments. Orphaned emails with attachments, after having been evaluated for keywords as described above, are forwarded to www.orphan.email.ooh.

At email.ooh, pictorial attachments are viewed and rated, then distributed to the online database which makes the pictures available to all (I'd include the link but everyone knows it already). The pics are usuallly graded by sexiness—'sorta' is the lowest grade, 'very' is the highest—so yours is probably right up there.

You can, of course, get your picture removed by contacting the site directly. All you need do is provide the email address from which you sent the message, your home address and phone number, your mother's maiden name, and at least three working username/password combinations from other online businesses with which you do business.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.