My skin continues to be nothing but white

CrystalPaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ive done everything, cleared my cache folder, tried multipul new skins, tried new avs...and nothing..nothing seems to work, no matter what i do my body is still white...my only option is to make a new account but i dont want to have to do that because i dont want to have to rebuy all my avs..

It is hard to say what is going on without seeing it.  I can't tell much from your description.  Post a picture of yourself so we can see what you are talking about.

Also, do other people see you as white too, or just yourself.  If you aren't sure, ask someone.  That information would also be very helpful to have in diagnosing your problem.

Don't create a new avi until  you do this because it may be just a simple fix.  If the problem lies on your end and not SL doing it, a new account is not going to help you.

CrystalPaws wrote:

ive done everything, cleared my cache folder, tried multipul new skins, tried new avs...and nothing..nothing seems to work, no matter what i do my body is still white...my only option is to make a new account but i dont want to have to do that because i dont want to have to rebuy all my avs..

Maybe you're wearing a facelight?? that tends to brighten the skin A LOT. Go into your inventory and see if you're wearing one...then remove it.

Good luck

Along with the other suggestions... Go to Preferences... Graphic settings... and confirm that your Basic-Shaders tickbox is checked. Depending on your graphics and system, certain settings in the shader-area can actually REMOVE the chroma information from the textures and skin you have baked on. Also, do a test and remove any 'tattoo' layers to see if that has any effect on your local monitor.

The Goddess

I had this problem all day. Finally I tried preferences>graphics>and put the button under quality and speed between low and mid. and the natural lighting returned. I'd changed it because people told me my facelight was too bright. Better I look bright to them and good to me than looking bleached out or shadowy and lined. hope it works for you.

ChinaDollie wrote:

I had this problem all day. Finally I tried preferences>graphics>and put the button under quality and speed between low and mid. and the natural lighting returned. I'd changed it because people told me my facelight was too bright. Better I look bright to them and good to me than looking bleached out or shadowy and lined. hope it works for you.

So, you prefer to look to others something like this - always?  :smileysurprised:

Facelight_Glaring.jpg

When you walk about that glaring moving and jumping light circle is very disturbing. At night it will totally destroy the environmental light effects for others and it looks plain horrible. That facelight not only destroys how you look to others, it also destroys anything what is near you. If you go dancing that light will drive others totally nuts. :smileyfrustrated: :smileytongue:

SL is not a photo studio with permanent perfect lights shining at our faces at all times.

Avatars will look more natural without any facelights at all - they do.

Even in RL light changes, sometimes it's soft, sometimes harsh. We don't compensate for it by shining torches at our faces. Why should we do so in SL?

/me plans to make a BUG report titled: "Please disable attached lights from SL permanently." :smileywink: :matte-motes-big-grin:

CrystalPaws wrote:

BS!  This an old copy paste Michael Jackson interview!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.