Do you have a deal for me?

EnaudRecneps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello and I should get the obligatory "I'm not sure this is the right place for this thread" out of the way :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I currently have a SL Premium account and with that I have this deal.... a 512 home that is basically a glass box in the middle of a gazillion other glass boxes in Violin...Nice home but with a limit of 117 prims I can either put up adequate window coverings or have some furninture and decorations in the house....

For this I pay (appox)  $29 (US) every 3 months and get L$300 every week....Now that's a great deal and know it....oh, I also get to the "Premium" sims....yawn....

I am a disabled person and that means 2 things....the first is I tend to spend an inordinate amount of time in SL and would enjoy a "home"  that offers a little more in the way of thngs to do (btw Linden home say no scrips, so I don't have music)... THe second thing is I live on a fixed and very limited income so any substansial increase in cost would have to be thought over by me...I can live without the L$300/week (it would help me cut down on my inworld shopping addiction).  I have an alt that is renting an apartment for less than L$50 a week...furninish with lots of room in a nice location so I believe that what I would like can be done....probably.....maybe.....I hope....

I would like to find a place to buy/rent/take over by force <(kidding on the last) that could be mainland--island--skybox   G--M--A (I have the same luck in picking up girls here in SL as I do in RL....so don't care if it's Adult but I am a believer in the fact that every pixel has the right to be naked if they want..::manlol:f     If the parcel is bare, well pixel homes are pretty inexpensive and I've got some furniture and stuff still in my inventory....... a size between 512 and 1024 (probably dreaming on the larger parcel...but hey, dreams are fun....or can be.)    If the price and parcel are right, I will be able to anywhere between 3 and 6 months in advance and will put it right in your pocket...ok...I 'll just hand it to you....

I'm really looking for a place that I can have some nature around to enjoy...either already there or I'll put it in..a place where I can have a pet or two and enjoy them (partial to cats)....A place where I could stream some decent music in to listen to.......you know ... a man cave......

Not sure what kind of response (if any) I'll get from this request .... but I feel good actually bgeing proactive in my life (either life)....

Thanks for your attention.

Duane

Cancel your premium membership and rent/buy land on a private estate or rent on the mainland.  You don't need a premium membership for that.  That 29US a month can get you a 4096 lot with 937 prims if you shop around.  Btw, some landlords will offer you a substantial discount if you pay a month at a time, and may even offer you a better deal if you pay 6 months at a time.

Let me give you a bit of advice, should you decide to rent land from another resident.  Never, ever pay any rent in advance.  Say you pay months in advance, then the next month rolls around and, for whatever reason, that person isn't able to pay their tier; you'll be left without a place with no recourse to recover any of the money that you shelled out.  I've seen this happen far too many times and though there's no way to ensure that this will never happen to you, paying only the smallest amount that you need to, in order to retain your residence, will at least minimize your losses when it does.

...Dres

This is good advice if you aren't sure of your landlord.  However if you take the time to do some due diligence and find an estate owner that has been around a long time, has a good reputation and  is financially stable and doesn't have a lot of vacancies you can minimize the risk.

I always speak to the estate owner with a list of questoins that let me determine this. Among other things I ask how long they have been in business, how many islands they own, and get a list of them of they are scattered over the grid,  Then I'll TP around check vacancies and talk to other tenants to see what they have to say about their experiences.  A good estate owner will not have any problem with this. 

Just like anything in life a person has to weigh the risks with the benefits and determine how much risk is acceptable to them.

Now..I might not know what I'm talking about, but I found this on the Knowledge Base..specifically http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103

"Note: You don't have to use your premium account 512m2 land tier for a Linden Home.  You can use it instead towards other mainland purchases or you can contribute it to group tier allocations.  Also, if you abandon your linden home, you can use your 512m2 tier to buy other mainland parcels."

To me, that means that the $29 that you pay each month and the land tier that you receive could be put towards land in another area. I have no idea how this is done or what you have to do to make this happen. I'm just putting it out there. Hopefully, someone here knows how to do this.

Good luck..

It's simple... you just abandon your Linden Home, then buy something on mainland.  Your first 512sqm is automatically tier free no matter how much you buy.  In other words, if you want 1024sqm, then you pay the tier price for 512sqm, which would be $5.00 USD.  Figuring out tier for a mainland parcel that you're considering getting is easy too.  When you click "Buy this parcel" (or however it's worded), it'll tell you how much it will raise your tier to, before you confirm your purchase... that way you can just hit cancel if it's too much.

...Dres

WOW....look at this, I go away for about a day...and so many replies....you guys are wonderful....(but I didn't say that)  A lot of great advice here... I shall slowly (ever so slowly) pick my way through it and see what happens.....

You know, even as new at SL as I am...I will  find myself getting ticked off at the ppl here in SL, then find a groupl like you all and it more than evens out....  Tell you what, when I do get a new place I will hold a quiet and decorous party and you will all be invited..of course it will be BYOB....but oh well..... grin

Seriously, I can see I have to do some dilligence on this and  everything should work out....I'm just going to have to remember that I don't want to jump into anything real quickly (that's a RL problem of mine).....thanks again...

EnaudRecneps wrote:

Tell you what, when I do get a new place I will hold a quiet and decorous party and you will all be invited..of course it will be BYOB....but oh well..... grin

Enchanting.  I shall definitely B my own B and probably enough for everyone else as well.

...Dres (BYOB does stand for bring your own butt, right? :matte-motes-silly:)

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Enchanting.  I shall definitely B my own B and probably enough for everyone else as well.

...Dres (BYOB does stand for bring your own butt, right? :matte-motes-silly:)

Um...thanks for the offer, Dres, but I have enough butt of my own that I don't really need any of yours....

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Keep in mind taht the mainland parcel you get comes with 117prims. Which may not seem like a lot but with a low prim and small house and some furniture that's low prim you can have somethign quite nice. This is where having a realistically sized avie helps TBH because you fit better in a small house and small houses are easier to decorate for little prims. I love decorating my house.Right now I made it beach themed and it doesn't look all empty like most defualt land SQM look because it's smaller. If you want to see what you can do witht hat land IM and I can show you my place.:) lolz

Actually the music is one of the things that pushed me over the edge  :catlol:

And ..... have rented a wonderful parcel have bought and installed a great home (several thumbs up to Dragon Magic, for excellent design done quite inexpensivly) and am moved in with music.....so many people to thank for all your advice so I won't thank you all one at  a time....consider this a group hug.....blush.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.