the trouble not over!

SugarMMM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

That is a message you get after being logged in to Second Life and then crashing, it's not a login failure message. Can we assume then that you are now able to log in but keep crashing soon as you arrive in world or soon after? Please explain more about what is happening and also post details of your computer specifications and network connection.

Your previous post is here btw http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Account/Hello-I-have-a-serious-problem-for-several-days-I-can-not/qaq-p/2008607

Open SL to login screen and select Help > About Second Life then copy/paste the details from the window that opens into a reply here using Options/Edit. Do not open a new thread. Also how do you connect to SL? If using a wireless connection, use a wired Ethernet cable connection instead as wireless can be prone to interference and other issues.

• Like 1

See the envelope in the upper right corner? That says you have 994 notifications lined up. If you have too many notifications the viewer will take too long to try to load them and it will log out like you're seeing. You need to get rid of them. I'm not sure exactly how to do this right now but it's a known problem and you should be able to search for an answer or someone else here may know how to do it.

• Like 2

Theresa is right. (Well almost, it says 99+, not 994 :P)

You can clear your notifications by right-clicking the Envelope icon and selecting Close All. You will have to do this quickly, before you are disconnected. You might have to repeat this a few times in order to get all of them.

It's an obvious and stupid bug with the viewer software. It forces itself to load all the awaiting notifications. This queue can get so long that the rest of the viewer gets tired of waiting, and quits. LL, as yet, haven't made a single move to fix it in nearly 18 months. The break-fault is useless in stating the cause of this crash, leaving most of us here unable to help diagnose the problem remotely.

I agree. As it is, though, the system would work for a lot more people

(1) If they would pay attention to the suggestions that pop up as they type keywords in their question

(2) If they would take a small amount of time to search for previous questions like their own or .....

(3) If they would READ THE SOLUTIONS WE SUGGEST.

People under stress are typically unable to follow even basic geeky systems. Typically the only people who ask questions here are a long way from understanding even basic computing concepts, i.e., the costliest group for LL to provide support for.
I do find it funny that people come here before even Googling the question, that much should be obvious. But I couldn't find the search box in Answers. =[

ETA: I don't think it's there at all

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Answers/qac-p/Answers

• Like 1

You're right. You have to use the general search box for the forums. As you say, this system is far from ideal. We each have a long list of gripes about the way it's set up. It's the system we have, though, and it's not too hard for moderately intelligent people to use, even with its warts.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.