Hello I have a serious problem for several days I can not connect to the game-"sugarmmm"

SugarMMM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello I have a serious problem for several days I can not connect to the game
Every time I try I get a message that I can not connect to the simulator.
And I have been unable to connect I'm stuck and can not play. I think someone took overmy account
What should I do? Wait and expect a quick response. Thank you my nickname is  sugarmmm  :matte-motes-frown:

3 answers to this question

If "several days" means yesterday, remember that yesterday was TUESDAY.  Linden Lab always does maintenance on Tuesdays, so you very often can't log in for periods of time when your sim may be off line.  Other than that very common situation, here are several other possibilities.....

• Your Internet Connection is Down Check whether you are able to connect to the 'net using a web browser; try to use it to visit a known website. If that fails, then the first thing to try is to unplug your modem/router for at least a full minute, then once plugged back in, allow then to go through startup, after which reboot your computer. If after this you are still unable to connect to the Internet with a web browser, you will probably need to contact your ISP to have your connection checked.
  • Your Router and/or Modem has Problems Repeat the same things as above.
  • Your Firewall is Preventing the Connection Try disabling your firewall software completely and then try to log in again. If you are successful, then you need to allow the viewer access through the firewall. Some tips on how to do that are here.
  • Buildup of Open Notifications It is possible for a buildup of too many notifications to cause Firestorm [or whatever other viewer you have] to disconnect during or shortly after login. If you experience such disconnections repeatedly on Firestorm, then follow the instructions under “Firestorm Logs Out During Login” here.
  • Domain Name Server (DNS) Issues Users of Firestorm [or other viewer] may get “Unable to connect to simulator”, or a message specifically saying that there are issues with the DNS. In that case refer to this page for how to proceed.
  • Region is Down It is possible that the region you are trying to log into is down. So try again but select a different region name at the log in screen. Some regions you can try: Hippo Hollow, Aich, Hatton, Pooley.
  • Group Tag Preventing Login There are cases when your active group tag will prevent log in - most usually when the tag contains unicode characters (though there have been isolated cases where even standard Latin characters have prevented log in as well). If this happens, you can attempt to log in using a text based viewer such as Radegast or MetaBolt, and change your active group in that viewer (preferably to None), log out and then log in with your usual viewer.
    Should that not be an option, you will need to find a way to get word in-world, to the group owner, and have them either edit the group title tag or, should that not be an option, eject you from the group.
    If that too is not a viable option, then the only other recourse is to file a support ticket with LL and have them change your active group.
    This is a server issue, and is reported in this LL JIRA.
  • Like 1

Since you can post here, i'm doubting the trouble is with your connection. It is likely the region you are attempting to log into is offline in which case you can simply just log into a different region to access Second Life.

If you are unsure how to do this please just leave me a message here and I or someone else can walk you through it on your viewer of choice.

Yes, that's always the first thing you try, especially on a Tuesday. If that doesn;t work, though, chances are very good that it's the Internet connection. Being able to log on to here is nothing. You can do that with a cell phone. There's a big difference between an Internet connection that can handle something as simple as web browsing and e-mail and one than is stable and strong enough to handle Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.