I get log off by driver error message every time I log on Help!!

Mekaboo322 Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay everytime I log into secondlife for a few minutes everything is fine until a couple of mins being in the inworld client it like freezes not responding up top. I notice  from where the volume icon is located I think its called task bar anyway.. this pop up error message come up. Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. But how has it been recovered when it crashes me out my secondlife client everytime? Anone has expereince this problem what can I do to fix it? Is the problem my drivers it can't be I just got this new laptop this year 2013.

Oh my laptop is windows 8 Hp let me know if you guys need more info about my laptop.

Thanks,

Mekboo322 Blackheart

Laptop additional info:

CPU: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (1297.62 MHz)
Memory: 3683 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1140
OpenGL Version: 4.2.11774 Compatibility Profile Context

RestrainedLove API: RLV v2.7.0 / RLVa v1.4.8a
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 500
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium (3/7)
Built with MSVC version 1600

Is that enough information? Thanks I didn't know I can find my pc info that way 

Problem fixed!! Not my drivers I had my graphics setting set to high in perferences thanks 

Marigold!! I'm on right now nknow I know why. Omg I loved Secondlife forums soultion to my problem!! wooo lol

Hello again.

However, get your drivers updated, and next time you pull up a Second Life viewer screen, go into the menu at the top of the screen to slide your graphics down to the lowest level before you attempt to log back in. ;) This might give you a little bit more of a chance to stay logged in.

. Mwah soultion to my problem and thanks to other that replyed appericate it.

3 answers to this question

Oh that message is a horror, usually indicative that your graphics card is extremely unhappy.

It would be helpful to us to know exactly what your system specifications are, including type and model number of graphics card, but I am guessing that either the graphics card is not up to the job of coping with something as heavy draining as Second Life. 

• Like 1

I agree with Marigold.  I would also add that it is not reasonable to assume that your drivers are up to date just because you bought a new machine.  In fact, that is very likely NOT true.  That machine was probably in a box in a warehouse for a month or more after it was assembled, so the drivers are whatever was current around Christmas time.  When you buy a new machine, one of the first things to do is go on line to look for updates to your graphics drivers and your operating system.  Take a look here for information about how to get and install drivers properly >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Graphics-cards/ta-p/700073#Section_.1.5 .

The screenshot you posted is not really telling much about your computer except how it measures up to the "Windows Experience".  In other words how well the computer will handle your operating system (in this case, Windows 8).  Your system has an index score is 3.3 with the highest score being 7.9 (that's for Windows 7 but I'm sure it's the same for Windows 8).  That score is determined by the lowest score of the various tests Windows goes through to analyze your computer's performance (graphics capabilities, RAM. CPU speed, read/write to hard drive speed, etc).  It's an overall rating to give you an idea of the performance you can expect (in a very general way) for common software programs and Windows 8.  Second Life is not a common program with all the real time graphics requirements and the amount of data thrown at your computer.......you need a base score quite a bit higher than 3.3 (which is okay for Windows and most programs......not great, but okay).  For Second Life that score says very little about whether or not your system can handle SL.  It only says your computer will handle Windows 8 in an acceptable way.......and most common programs you might install.

I don't know which hardware device that caused the 3.3 but my bet is it's your graphics processor.....that's judging by the message you are receiving before the crash.  Though that is an indication that you may have a graphics card/adaptor failing that is not necessarily the case.......it could be your driver is corrupted or that your GPU is simply not strong enough to handle what SL requires of it.  Updating the driver may fix it but you have to know that that message is often the precursor to a graphics card/adaptor failure.  You really need to keep an eye on that and if the problem continues take the laptop to a repair facility before a failure occurs.

To get the specs needed for more help the easiest way is to launch your viewer (no need to log in) and under the "Help" menu click "About Second Life".  The basic specs for your computer will be listed......copy those and paste back here.  Don't start a new thread to give the specs or additional information.....use the "Options" in the upper right corner of your post and then "Edit".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.