quitting SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well you just Log in your SL page, Account and go down the menu to Delete account, read post related to it, as once you delete it is more difficult to recover or reactivate, maybe just leave it for a while, until you see if you decide to come back

Go to the main page of this website. Choose "Account," and "Cancel" (It might be "Delete;" I'm not looking at the page right now.) Do what it says, and after a short waiting period, your account will be deleted permanently. It CAN be reactivated, so it's not completely permanent, but if you change your mind and want to reactivate, it costs $9.95 USD and you may lose all of your items.

You can transfer any trans items to other accounts, but non-transfer items are just gone. Even if you reactivate, they may be lost.

There's an easier way, though. Abandon any land you may hold and downgrade to a Basic account if you're Premium. Log out. Delete your viewer. You can come back to SL whenever you want - in three days, or three years. Everything will still be there, waiting for you. All of your items should still be in your inventory where you left them, and you won't have to pay the reactivation fee.

No matter how you decide it's common courtesy to clean up your act before you leave, dontcha think? So derezz all the stuff you have rezzed in world. SL surely doesn't need any more clutter blogging up the sims and servers.

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Adamayamada

As you've already received instructions how to delete your account, I won't duplicate that, but as you've asked your question here on a general discussion forum, I'll add my two pence worth.

Walk away for a while if you feel Second Life isn't for you. Don't put any more time into it.  Your avatar will not go anywhere or do anything in your absence. It won't even gather dust.  Then, if you do decide you want to come back on this account, as long as you can remember your log in details, you can pick up where you left off. 

All your objects inworld will stay exactly where they are, unless someone else takes over the land that they are on, in which case they will be returned to your inventory. 

And if you decide to return at a later date but on a brand new avatar with a fresh start, you can do that too.

It's all up to you.

Adamayamada wrote:

how
do
I
delete
my
account
with
SL
and
what
will
happen
to
all
my
items
in
world
?
do
I
have
to
delet
all
?
or
do
I
gift
them
back
to
ppl
or
the
game
?

Assuming you have a good reason for doing this, if you own land or have a Linden Home you will also need to abandon.

Really, as Marigold said, because there is no cost for Basic Account, why delete.

I agree with the others; no need to delete it all unless you have a very good reason to do so. Keep everything in inventory in case you decide to return at a later date. I left SL for awhile and came back and everything was still intact. Did have to give up my land though (or else keep paying tiers) but land is everywhere on the grid. Good luck

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.