if a person deleted their account can you still find them?

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

No, if the account is deleted, that account name no longer exists in Second Life.  You may find objects attributed to them, but they themselves are gone.  Search will not find them.

Accounts are not deleted instantly, there is generally at least a 10 day "cooling off" period during which someone can choose to cancel their deletion.  As long as you can find their name with Search, the account is still active.

I don't know if their name remains in their partner's Profile.

• Like 1

I've known of accounts that have been deleted by Linden Lab, but that person has still shown up on another avatar's profile as being their partner, until/unless the remaining partner removes them from their profile.

If you have a calling card in your inventory, you can still look up their profile using that. It does always remain on the database.

Also, if someone deletes their account, they may still show up on the searches over on the Aditi test grid (although any IMs sent via these profiles do not go to people offline, they disappear into some mysterious black hole).

• Like 1

I deleted an account over a year ago, because the guy i was with and i decided to remake our accounts with the same last name, but the the old account still shows up when i search for someone with the same first name, so it does happen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.