Where can I locate the "Current" population of second life?

Gnash Rambler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

I went to the link that someone else had given in a previous reply: http://gridsurvey.com/index.php and the main thing you notice is the disparity between the total population (about 37 million) and the number of people logged on (about 45 thousand). I seem to remember when i did biology years ago there is a certain statistical test you can do to work out the population of a species based on how many times they show their face, I wonder if it might work here? I think a lot of those 37 million are dead down their burrows.

On 4/21/2013 at 4:27 PM, KarenMichelle Lane said:

After doing a thoroughly crossed referenced manual count and interview of all my friends and their ALTs, including the folks here on the SL Answers Crew the answer is 49! Yup! Only 49. All the rest are ALTs. :D

so what your saying is that second

life is looking at becoming a thing of the past ??

• Haha 1

Dante, this is a very old thread...and KarenMichelle was joking.  However, to address your concern:

People have been predicting the "End of Second Life" since about twelve hours after it first opened for public access.  In a week or so, we'll have a week-long celebration of SL's fifteenth birthday.  So no, SL is not becoming a thing of the past any time soon.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/21/2013 at 1:27 PM, KarenMichelle Lane said:

After doing a thoroughly crossed referenced manual count and interview of all my friends and their ALTs, including the folks here on the SL Answers Crew the answer is 49! Yup! Only 49. All the rest are ALTs. :D

If you had said 42, I would have thought you were making it up...

In 2017 SL users took between US$60 RL and $70 million out of the game. Other online MMO's have a similar number of peak concurrent users as SL. Plus or minus 10k or so users. No other game (?) has paid out that much. Where SL is far behind is the number of paying subscribers. That is changing as the benefits of being a paying Premium Member increase.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
added info

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.