is there any way to stop someone from using the cam to perve into your house?

gbh745

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Short answer: No. As long as they can be near enough they can cam to where ever they want.

If you have rights on your parcel you could do two things:

- disallow to see who is on the parcel, when someone is looking from the outside (this will eventually reduce the interest)

- if your land is big enough and you have the rights to do so, set banlines to make it uncomfortable to cam into the house

Here are three simple answers which may help you if you do not own the land you live on...

1: You can ask for a security orb or buy one and set it up in your home and set it to only allow people on your friends list or only people you choose to allow (Many orbs can be programmed to only allow certain people).

2: You can mute and/or block the person. This way, they may not be able to see you if you have them blocked.

3: If all else fails, report the person to Linden Labs for harrassing you. good luck!

Unfortunately, none of those steps will keep people from looking into your parcel from a distance, which is the OP's concern. A security orb will simply keep people a controlled distance away, but not block a camera. Muting does not block a person from looking at you. You are unlikely to know that someone is even looking at you unless they are dumb enough to perch nearby for a long time, and even then a neighbor has every right to perch nearby. Filing an AR against a neighbor who might be looking at you is ... well, not neighborly. You'd need some proof that a person was actually looking at you to make a believable claim of harassment anyway. I'm afraid the only ways to prevent someone at a distance from looking at you are (1) UNcheck the box in About Land >> Options that allows it or (2) move to an isolated private island.

• Like 1

No. A good perv cammer can cam from quite some distance. Unless the house is on an island sim with no neighbors and no surrounding sims for at least two grid squares on each side, anyone with the skill and patience (and lack of another hobby) can perv cam into your house.

Setting the parcel in about land so that others cannot see or interact with anyone on your parcel of land only stops them from seeing the avatars who are on the parcel. It doesn't stop them from perv camming into your house.

If it's that you don't want anyone perv camming and watching you and someone else doing something freaky, that would work. if you want to build or design something and don't want anyone to see it, for instance, no that about land feature won't do the trick.

Also, even if you set the land so no one can see those on the parcel, you will still show up on the map, and most radar features will tell others what you are doing. So even if you can't be seen, if you and someone else are being intimate and on pose balls, someone can still see your distance from the other person and whether you're both sitting down. if I see two people on my radar the exact same distance from me, both seated, I figure they're either dancing or fooling around.

Best you can do is make it harder for someone to do it or too boring to do it, or just accept the idea that there is really no genuine privacy in SL unless you own your own island region and take rather extensive security measures.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.