Why is live chat taking so long?

HenryCrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello again everybody. I am a premium member on Second Life and I want to start a live chat to try and resolve my rezzing issue instead of having to post it here. But the live chat box appears to be stuck on this message:

Please hold while you're connected with an agent.

Live chat did not used to take this long for me and I've tried refreshing the page and closing it and then re-opening it. Why is this happening to me? Are there issues about Live Chat nobody told me about?

3 answers to this question

i am not sure what others might have 'told' you so far ; )

But in busy times it can take a moment.
Or the lifechat might have an issue right now which is not being announced yet.

And keep in mind they only have open at certain hours (8 AM to 8 pm ) since i don't know what time you had when you tried it it is worth mentioning it.

Try it to contact them again at a later time, and if it does not get better or your problem can't wait: file a support  ticket / including the message that you apparently can not contact lifechat.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no idea, but my best guess is that it is Sunday afternoon and the few staff who are around have stepped out for tea (or are so busy with other callers that there is a waiting line).  While you wait, you could ask about your rezzing issue here.  The label on this service is Answers, after all. :smileywink:

• Like 1

The last time I used Live Chat was on a Sunday, and I waited 15 minutes for them to answer. In the meantime, I was occupied in other windows, and when they finally answered, the tab at the bottom of the screen flashed to remind me it was there.

During the weekdays, there does seem to be a slightly quicker response (I've had one within 30 seconds mid-week).

I guess it can be like waiting that l-o-n-g four minutes the Photo-Me booths take.  Its like double maths and period pains!!

Anyway, in the meantime, as has already been suggested in this thread, how about sharing your problem here with us, see if we can shed some light for you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.