Hoping Cubes reads this and smacks her rude friends.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I'm shopping with my bestie, trying on the new hairs with my partner, Bells. We're IRL besties so we partnered one another. One of the other shoppers strikes up a conversation in local with us. We're all laughing cause we're all wearing the same pair of pants. Yay for SL uniqueness. Of course, the guy talking to us, is in all demos cause that's his thing. Rock it, right? He's totally got his own flair with the demos that my bestie and I appreciate. Not many would run around in nothing but demos.

This other guy shows up and he's shopping near us. Us 3 are still trying on hairs, I am trying to decide which one I like. I choose mine and we're getting ready to leave when the new guy calls our new friend emo. He then goes on to call my bestie and I lesbians and infers we're into pedophilia for talking to our new friend. Our new friend is not a child, though he does look young. We're not hitting on him, we're not even talking suggestive. Beyond that we're not here for that sort of thing, our friend is gay. 2 straight chicks and a gay guy shopping for hair and chatting while we do. OMG.. call the SL cops, right?

Well the other guy is upset that we blow him off. So he brings in the creator of the store (not hte owner of the store). They both start calling all of us gay, ugly, blah blah, stupid. And so on. The new girl (the creator) drops the floor and drops EVERYONE in the store to the ground. I put on my flight assist and go right back. I'm not going to be bullied by some hateful homophobic **bleep**. I have by then begun twitching this whole thing. They're talking about how they wish they still had their hacking tools so they could grief us more. They're still using all sorts of homophobic slurs on us and trying to name drop because they "know the owner".

Being a store owner myself, I have to say, if this were 2 of my friends... all hell would break loose. I'd be down 2 friends. For one, I don't tolerate hateful homophobes. And for second, any friend of mine who came into my store had better be on their best behavior to my shoppers. I'm not in the business of running a store to make friends, I'm here to make money.

Anyways, just my rant about rude people in SL.

Gingir Ghoststar wrote:

So, I'm in taketomi, trying on the new hairs with my partner, Bells. We're IRL besties so we partnered one another. One of the other shoppers strikes up a conversation in local with us. We're all laughing cause we're all wearing the same pair of pants. Yay for SL uniqueness. Of course, the guy talking to us, is in all demos cause that's his thing. Rock it, right? He's totally got his own flair with the demos that my bestie and I appreciate. Not many would run around in nothing but demos.

This other guy shows up and he's shopping near us. Us 3 are still trying on hairs, I am trying to decide which one I like. I choose mine and we're getting ready to leave when the new guy calls our new friend emo. He then goes on to call my bestie and I lesbians and infers we're into pedophilia for talking to our new friend. Our new friend is not a child, though he does look young. We're not hitting on him, we're not even talking suggestive. Beyond that we're not here for that sort of thing, our friend is gay. 2 straight chicks and a gay guy shopping for hair and chatting while we do. OMG.. call the SL cops, right?

Well the other guy is upset that we blow him off. So he brings in the creator of the store (not hte owner of the store). They both start calling all of us gay, ugly, blah blah, stupid. And so on. The new girl (the creator) drops the floor and drops EVERYONE in the store to the ground. I put on my flight assist and go right back. I'm not going to be bullied by some hateful homophobic **bleep**. I have by then begun twitching this whole thing. They're talking about how they wish they still had their hacking tools so they could grief us more. They're still using all sorts of homophobic slurs on us and trying to name drop because they "know the owner".

Being a store owner myself, I have to say, if this were 2 of my friends... all hell would break loose. I'd be down 2 friends. For one, I don't tolerate hateful homophobes. And for second, any friend of mine who came into my store had better be on their best behavior to my shoppers. I'm not in the business of running a store to make friends, I'm here to make money.

Anyways, just my rant about rude people in SL.

Wow, sadly I have been heckled because I have a lesbian group in my picks. I am not lesbian I am bi but I have many Lez friends on here and I support them. To be so rude is just bad busniess for all involved. Whether you believe in homosexuality or not money doenst have a sexual preference. 

I would deffinitly not go back to the store and tell the sim owner and owner of the store whats going on. I would also be down two friends as well.

/me wants to get all her gay friends and visit the store and hackle them.. giggles

but that would be just as bad.

I think Pamela's point was, that in these caes, everyone has their own version of the "truth" and the real truth is often in the middle. meaning the name calling might not have been so bad. however, having said that, the owner does need to step in and control his/her friends. The entire escalation seems to center around the writers reaction to the first round of name calling. sometimes it's best to react calmly then react with spitting fire.

When he first called us lesbians, I laughed and asked him if he was saying that because we were talking to the one guy and not the him. I'd post the logs here but the whole TOS but I'm quite willing to hand them to the owner if she needs proof, plus I had twitch going for part of it so she can look there if she'd like to see it as well. Plus, I'm pretty sure the other 4 people involved will back me up if she'd like me to get them too.

wiked Anton wrote:

I think Pamela's point was, that in these caes, everyone has their own version of the "truth" and the real truth is often in the middle. meaning the name calling might not have been so bad. however, having said that, the owner does need to step in and control his/her friends. The entire escalation seems to center around the writers reaction to the first round of name calling. sometimes it's best to react calmly then react with spitting fire.

I understand and agree with her however somethings shouldnt be done or said. I doubt someone going shopping in a store is going to all of a sudden be rude to the designer she is purchasing from. But who knows I could be wrong.

What would have been the point? To get banned? No, we liked her hair. She's not replied and we won't be shopping from her from now on. At one point the guy told us to take our chatter to IMs. There were 3 of us and then 2 more after that. Have you tried running a group call in SL recently? Lagtastic. I didn't see the problem with us visiting in local while we all shopped. The jerk faced friend of hers apparently differed in opinion on this. We weren't using gestures or in voice. We were typing. What was the worst that was going to happen? A misplaced comma or mispelled word? Oh noes.

Gingir Ghoststar wrote:

What would have been the point? To get banned? No, we liked her hair. She's not replied and we won't be shopping from her from now on. At one point the guy told us to take our chatter to IMs. There were 3 of us and then 2 more after that. Have you tried running a group call in SL recently? Lagtastic. I didn't see the problem with us visiting in local while we all shopped. The jerk faced friend of hers apparently differed in opinion on this. We weren't using gestures or in voice. We were typing. What was the worst that was going to happen? A misplaced comma or mispelled word? Oh noes.

hun I agree with you. I dont think you did anyting wrong at all. and I believe what you are saying.

I just realized that that's the name of the hair business is in the thread title.  So the OP comes here and posts the name of a store and trashes the owner, in violation of TOS? 

Yes, I think I will suspend belief until I hear both sides of the story.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I just realized that Taketomi is the name of the hair business.  So the OP comes here and posts the name of a store and trashes the owner, in violation of TOS? 

Yes, I think I will suspend belief until I hear both sides of the story.

Why are being so aggressive. If they are your friends I understand but this is her experience. Fine you want to hear both sides. But don't attack her. You could have said The name isn't allowed. I am not attacking you either, it just feels like you have a tone with her for telling her story.

I dislike the practice of coming here to this forum and trashing people BY NAME who are not here to tell their side of the story. Quite often if those do show up, we hear a different story entirely. 

Now what exactly is the OP's purpose in posting? I will let you figure that out.

Let me be clear -- this store owner may well be friends with these people and approve of their behavior. My point is that until we hear from her, there is nothing to base any judgement on, certainly not to condemn this person.

My purpose was to vent as well as stand up to say that the way we were treated was complete crap. She's still not contacted me despite me sending her a NC along with my email address if she'd like to discuss it. That her friends (must have been seeing as they had edit rights) took it upon themselves to call me and my friends lesbians, emo, and pedophiles for visiting amongst ourselves should absolultely be addressed. Like I've said, had this been my store, my friends would no longer be such friends. I run a children's store, you can bet I'm absolutely viligant and would without hesitation fix the issue as well as apologize to my customers who were treated like this.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I dislike the practice of coming here to this forum and trashing people BY NAME who are not here to tell their side of the story. Quite often if those do show up, we hear a different story entirely. 

Now what exactly is the OP's purpose in posting? I will let you figure that out.

Let me be clear -- this store owner may well be friends with these people and approve of their behavior. My point is that until we hear from her, there is nothing to base any judgement on, certainly not to condemn this person.

I agree with you about all the calling someone out by name and listeing to both sides. However you are being quite agressive yourself and I was wondering why. That was my point but then again its really none of my business.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I agree with you about all the calling someone out by name and listeing to both sides. However you are being quite agressive yourself and I was wondering why. That was my point.

One person in this thread has already stated she will boycott this store -- she jumps to the conclusion that there is only one side to the story, after hearing one side. This, I believe, is the reason the OP posted the name -- to "get even".  If she wanted to just get some sympathy she could have done that without posting the name. 

That is my point.

No, had I wanted to get even, I would have named the two involved. They are the ones the fault lies with. Homophobic slurs and having everyone, not just those of us who apparently irritated the aggressor, dropped out of the store is definitely something to be irate over. And as the title said, I hope she slaps them both. And if it makes another store owner a bit more cautious in who they share their editing rights with then good.

Gingir Ghoststar wrote:

No, had I wanted to get even, I would have named the two involved. They are the ones the fault lies with. Homophobic slurs and having everyone, not just those of us who apparently irritated the aggressor, dropped out of the store is definitely something to be irate over. And as the title said, I hope she slaps them both. And if it makes another store owner a bit more cautious in who they share their editing rights with then good.

Good point. If they are the ones at fault, then why did you name the store owner and the store? If you wanted to warn merchants about giving edit rights, that could have been done without naming any names at all.  

I think I have made my point several different ways now.  If it makes another poster a bit more cautious in naming names in the forum in violation of TOS, then good.

You're right and I will refrain from naming names in the future. Yesterday, I was so upset about the whole ordeal that I didn't stop to think. What I was thinking is that I was upset and wanted to vent, wanted to let it be known what I'd experienced and hopefully validation in my feelings over the situation.

as to the forum to bash, I've never heard or seen something like that. If I have a bad review of an item, I leave the review on the purchase page of the market place. Like a pair of shoes I bought the other day. The shoes were cute and I said so but the feet... the feet were all wrong, they looked like someone had gouged into them in the front. So sad that the most adorable pair of shoes were connected to the feet. The way the ad was listed you couldn't see the front and that was probably why.

Either way, this is resolved. Cubes took care of it. She's a sweet gal. I have to appreciate how hard it is to stand up to your friends sometimes but she did very awesomely.

i hope you AR'd those two Azzhats while they were griefing you..

even if they are on their own land they still can't get away with all the things they were saying to you..

i would have given the time it started from  the time they stopped in the report so LL could check out all that was said from start to finish on those two jerks..

then just left..

you still can if you saved your logs..

just give them the time and date and what you are reporting them for and their names..and you can still get them for being azzhats..

there is no time limit on reporting someone..but sooner is better for them to have to do less digging..but they will still find it if you can give them good details..

don't send them logs because they won't take them..but thenames and times and date and location if you have it will lead them right to these jerks logs..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.