Maybe an odd question, I'm not sure but here goes...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I was at a get together and we all crashed out.  We all logged back in just in areas we'd been at earlier on in the day.  Not just one or two of us, all of us.  So I get back to the place and there's another one of the persons there and they said oops!  That they meant to restart the sim, not crash it.  They claimed to work for LL and were a Linden.  They also told me that the avatars with "Linden" in their names were just for account work, not remote admin work.  Then proceeded to tell me that even I have remote access, which somewhere in my brain I remember reading that yet that it was not legal for someone to use?  I don't know. 

What I do want to know, is this person just another griefer?  Because I'm not really believing them yet I do know that the Lindens who work for SL sometimes have alt accounts.  I don't know what to think.   Anyone?

When Lindens work they ALWAYS have a Linden Avatar.  No exceptions.  If they have an alt they are on personal time and are not supposed to do Linden things or even tell people they are Lindens.  If a Linden wants to go about the grid without anyone knowing, they do it in God Mode and no one can see them, they don't do it in an alt.

This guy was lying to you.  Report him for impersonating a Linden.  That is something LL takes very seriously.  If you think he crashed the sim on purpose report that too.  Hopefully you have logs of the chat to send to LL, but even if you don't tell them what you told here. If other's heard this tell them to AR him too.  The more that report this the better.

i have never spoken to a Linden Avi, and only ever seen one once....I doubt this person was telling the truth. if they were, they must be new staff and trying to impress someone, you know letting people know that the work for lindens and have ultimate power inworld.....pfffft....report it is all i can say, hope you got a screen shot :)

l1.JPG  Legacy Profile

l2.jpg  Web Profile

See also:   http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Who_are_Lindens%3F

Genuine Lindens will either have "Linden Lab Employee" in account type in legacy profile or the green Linden Icon, top right corner of the Web Profile.

One thing I noted was that the "Tester" accounts mentioned in the Wiki do not have this.  I'd consider that very unwise on the part of LL. 

Regardless, I would AR and let the Lab sort it out.  I have heard (unsubstantiated) claims of Lindens abusing their powers.  My feeling on this is why ever would they want to risk their jobs and especially their ability to collect unemployment.  If you get fired for cause, you get nothing!

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I talked to a few who claimed they were LL. Don't believe sweetie and report them. If they actually are LL they they have nothing to fear.

And if they actually *are* a Linden (ie. are wearing a Linden tag) ask them for a bear.  I still want a Torley Linden Bear.  :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.