Marketplace server?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sassy Romano wrote:

I don't know that i'd call it last minute yet but given that the system has been operational for over a year, one has to question the sense in waiting so long to migrate?

Here are a few reasons for you to pick from....

It's pointless,

The whole migration process is fraught with problems.

It's time consuming

I've got better things to do,

So not like the smooth migration of geese, packing light and flying in formation, conversing casually about sports and golden eggs but more like an exodus from Egypt wandering throught the desert with no shade, bottled water and sunblock for 40 years.

I can import 20,000 appliances from China, move them from one coast to another in the U.S. with little hassle and less hours of work, but I'm pondering how technology makes our lives easier in this alternate universe.

Not that it hasn't been easy for some, although migration may not be the right word for this type of experience.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Regardless of opinion over the benefits or issues that some have had, the fact is that it has been available for over a year with a pending cut off date so why leave it so long?

Because DD is a system developed by LL. MB's were not. Leaving it until the last minute meant I had a system in place that worked that did not require support, rather than a system developed by LL, which so far in my experience is inferior and does require support, which they are not able to satisfactory provide.

I've been using DD for 2 weeks now and this past week has been better I will admit compared to the first week 14 days of use and my average delivery failure rate is only 40% now, improved from the +50% failure rate I was seeing last week.

I have had more failed deliveries in 2 weeks using DD than I had in over 8 years of using MB's. I expected DD to be problematic and LL did not disappoint. This is a pattern they have repeated throughout the history of SL when rolling out "improvements" and it is the exact reason why I waited until the last minute. I was not going to voluntarily let LL sabotage my business until I had no other choice.

I've migrated 1600 Listings so far. I've got about 1100 left. These will literally be left until the last day now, that is if my delivery faliure rate improves between now and then. If it doesn't then I see no point in continuing with the migration until DD is stable and usable for all merchants

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.